Oklahoma Execution Botched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The death penalty is repugnant, but seemed appropriate in this case.

On the other hand though, giving the state the right to kill judicially seems like a bad idea, especially these days.
Governments regularly abuse such powers, we should take that power away while we can.

If the death penalty is kept then changes have to be made.

Lethal injection has proven problematic, time to move away from that.
I think the people that have to perform their duty for the state shouldn't have to suffer either.
There 's no need for trauma to the condemned or risk to those performing their duty.
A method such as nitrogen asphyxiation would be more humane to both the condemned and the executioner(s).

Here's an idea: Set up a death cell equipped to perform nitrogen asphyxiation and amend the state constitution to make execution the duty of the Governor, not delegated to DOC. I wonder how many governors would push the button or pull the lever themselves?

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys crack me up. Your all making decisions and forming opinions based on what you have seen in the media. There in a LOT MORE to this story than what has been reported. It may come out in the following weeks, it may not. What is sad is: Several dedicated, life-long employees of DOC may lose their jobs and possibly their pensions for something that they had no control over. Moreover, they didn't choose to be a part of the event, but we're directed to by their supervisors. You all sleep well at night and don't have to worry about all them bad guys locked up because some choose to guard what is as close to the gates of Hell on earth as anything can be. I've seen several posts about how someone should pay for this "mistake". Question... Any of you medics care to share with the crowd what purposeful dehydration would do to the integrity of someone's circulatory system? Ie.. The ability of the veins to support this type of influx of chemicals and volume of fluid?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an idea: Set up a death cell equipped to perform nitrogen asphyxiation and amend the state constitution to make execution the duty of the Governor, not delegated to DOC. I wonder how many governors would push the button or pull the lever themselves?

Given this crowd, if it were an election year, they'd probably televise it.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the jury decides death by whatever make them do it themselves or make it a draw for everyone that puts their name in the hat. But first put out all the facts of the trial. I'm sure there would be a massive line for chomos. I think we should expand who gets the death or penalty. Chomos, killers, serial rapists, 3rd strike felons and the list goes on. So would I have stuck the needle in his arm? Hell I'd hold the wires to his head till he caught fire. I may be an agnostic libertarian but I've got no use for worthless pos people that can't play by the rules for the fair treatment of people.

As high as standard as required in murder cases, I don't think expansion is particularly practical. Although the idea of habitual violent offenders could almost be easier than a murder 1 conviction. It would have to be like 4-5 separate incidents but how many times do we see where career violent felons eventually kill someone before they are on death row? Wouldn't it be nice to have these career violent felons handled before they go far enough to be stopped?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damm! I was in this thread until page 8 or nine, but just got back into it after reading for almost two hours.

Great posts on both sides. Ridge, you did a hell of a job defending your position, although I disagree. Always love your posts if I agree or not.

Great points on both sides.

I agree this post has ran its course.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it hasn't yet, it should have!

Why should it have run it's course? This is a very real issue that needs to be fully vetted by the members of OSA. It's better talking about this real world stuff instead of old men that camp out all night at WalMart so they can get some 22 ammo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should it have run it's course? This is a very real issue that needs to be fully vetted by the members of OSA. It's better talking about this real world stuff instead of old men that camp out all night at WalMart so they can get some 22 ammo.

OK, fire it up! Lets hear something new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom