Oklahoma Senator Introduces Bill to Criminalize Abortion as First-Degree Murder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Judge halts Ohio law that blocked funds for Planned Parenthood

s2_reutersmedia_net_resources_r__d2ec20092f7a0c81b33c3ed8f223e834._.jpg

A federal judge in Cincinnati temporarily blocked the implementation of a state law that would have effectively de-funded 28 Ohio Planned Parenthood clinics, in a ruling on Monday.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett granted a two-week stay halting the diversion of federal funding in a ruling on a May 11 lawsuit filed by Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio and Southwest Ohio.

The Ohio law signed in February by Republican Governor John Kasich stripped $1.3 million in federal taxpayer funds from any healthcare organization that provides abortion services. The law was scheduled to go into effect on Monday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ohio-plannedparenthood-idUSKCN0YE2QZ

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. If you can't practice safe sex, you might as well make a neglected child pay for the consequences/kids. No reason to let an unwanted child suffer over your poor choices. Only actual medical issues should be reasons to abort a child/ and or rape ect.

I'm coming in way late, but I decided to fix a quote while I was at it

Gun advocates love to talk about how no law is going to stop baddies from getting guns. You think abortion being illegal is going to stop people who would otherwise not take preventative measures from having sex? I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I'd like to talk to you about. Best deal in town, won't last long.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what a way to make world news???

========
Abortion restrictions
May 27th 2016 | NEW YORK

cdn.static_economist.com_sites_default_files_imagecache_full_wfe0fe2aa302a0f2300449229ae2b9814.jpg

EVER since 1973, when the Supreme Court ruled that women have a limited constitutional right to end their pregnancies, states have imposed restrictions designed to curtail that right or make it more difficult to exercise. Two recent examples illustrate the varying levels of intensity with which pro-life activists are trying to chip away at Roe v Wade.

Last week in Oklahoma, lawmakers passed a bill that undermines the very basis of Roe. By a vote of 33-12 in the Senate and 59-9 in the House of Representatives, Senate Bill 1552—which would have made it a felony for doctors to perform abortion unless the procedure is necessary to save the woman’s life—sailed through the Oklahoma legislature. But the governor, who is pro-life, Mary Fallin, vetoed the bill on the grounds that it was clearly unconstitutional.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2016/05/abortion-restrictions

Latest posts

Top Bottom