Oklahome has a "swear jar"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This law was discussed briefly when I went through the legal block at CLEET. The atty teaching the class said that it was one of those old laws that was never enforced and that if there were, the first amendment would be the first defense.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep!

I've been tempted to call this into action on occasion. I don't normally let people's language bother me, but if I'm eating a meal at a dine-in restaurant and someone close by is swearing up a storm, it gets old very fast.

Have you ever really listened to someone swearing? It makes no sense! Think about the words that are used, they have no relation to the message. Swearing is on the same level as the saggy pants; just done to get attention, or just not smart enough to know better.

And we are all guilty! LOL

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came here from 'somewhere else' about four years ago. This place is waaaay better in soo many ways. Population here is something like 4 million, where I came from there were more than than in the county. That state has gone downhill even more since I left.

'Behind the curve' how exactly?

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with values or lifestyle lol. I wasn't trying to piss everyone off. I was just pointing out this state has a lot of dumb laws, policies, and misplaced priorities. That is a fact. If you have ever spent any time anywhere else in the U.S. you would see that. The only people I know that enjoy living here are people from here (and thats fine) its just not for me.

Good thing you weren't stationed somewhere like Incirlik AB, Turkey like my new wife and I were almost 30 years ago. Talk about dumb laws, policies, and misplaced priorities with a heaping scoop of landing in a Turkish prison for violating them.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thing you weren't stationed somewhere like Incirlik AB, Turkey Talk about dumb laws, policies, and misplaced priorities with a heaping scoop of landing in a Turkish prison for violating them.

Like 'mental rape'? Dark, mirrored sun glasses to the rescue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom