Oklahome has a "swear jar"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The military was your choice. Before joining you should have considered that you could be stationed in a place that does not share your values and lifestyle.

I can deal with a state that doesn't share my values and lifestyle. I just can't handle Oklahoma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood - Where are you going? Just curious what state fits your values and lifestyle.

It has nothing to do with values or lifestyle lol. I wasn't trying to piss everyone off. I was just pointing out this state has a lot of dumb laws, policies, and misplaced priorities. That is a fact. If you have ever spent any time anywhere else in the U.S. you would see that. The only people I know that enjoy living here are people from here (and thats fine) its just not for me.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with values or lifestyle lol. I wasn't trying to piss everyone off. I was just pointing out this state has a lot of dumb laws, policies, and misplaced priorities. That is a fact. If you have ever spent any time anywhere else in the U.S. you would see that. The only people I know that enjoy living here are people from here (and thats fine) its just not for me.
I'm not pissed off. And, I have lived in a few other states. Oklahoma is the best I have found for the ideologies and freedoms that I value. I'm just wondering what state you believe meets your ideology.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in my freshman year in college, I did a paper on old laws left on the books, that nobody enforces any more. It was a fun project.
I was at Northern Okla College in Tonkawa, so I looked in on their old laws.
In the advent of the horseless carriage, before one could come into town, a person had to be 100 yds in front firing a shotgun and waving a red flag to alert horsemen to get their animals to safety. It was still on the books.

I'm sure every state/city still has some of these old antique laws on their books.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in my freshman year in college, I did a paper on old laws left on the books, that nobody enforces any more. It was a fun project.
I was at Northern Okla College in Tonkawa, so I looked in on their old laws.
In the advent of the horseless carriage, before one could come into town, a person had to be 100 yds in front firing a shotgun and waving a red flag to alert horsemen to get their animals to safety. It was still on the books.

Is hanging still the punishment for stealing a horse in Texas or did they fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only looked at the local laws in the city where the school was.
Its kind of amazing how case law from way back when is still used to this day in modern courts. Water rights is one example. Old English case law is still cited.

Latest posts

Top Bottom