Okra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Back when we had a garden, we would freeze it whole. When time to get it out for eating, we left it whole and slightly frozen, made up a batter to dip it in before going into the deep fryer. Leave some stalk for a handle.
Did you cook it whole? You mention batter so I assume something like a tempura instead of traditional rolled in cornmeal and fried.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wish I was closer. I love okra.

To keep it. Pick, put in brown paper sacks. Fold top, masking tape to seal and freeze. DONT WASH.

Slice and batter. Spread on cookie sheet and freeze. When frozen, put in ziplock bag, return to freezer quickly. When cooking, do not thaw. Freezer to skillet.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Good morning all! Last call for okra. Got a 1 gallon bag full if anyone is interested. I don't mind driving to Mustang or possibly S OKC so it doesn't go to waste. We have plenty in the freezer and will still get some more as long as it stays hot. I'll be headed out East on I-40 Friday around noon if anyone is on the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom