Old school vs New school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a real live legend who claims to know all these "guys" and yet cant even spell Jerry Miculek's name right. Miss quotes deeds done by others and makes it seem that their speed was only because of shelf type fast draw holsters, while his speed is a gift. The funny thing is I actually do know a lot of the folks he eludes to, and I sure would remember someone as abrasive as he is....but I don't. Sounds like a guy who has read a few books and has an Orange " member" from eating Cheetoes and playing with himself in the basement.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a real live legend who claims to know all these "guys" and yet cant even spell Jerry Miculek's name right. Miss quotes deeds done by others and makes it seem that their speed was only because of shelf type fast draw holsters, while his speed is a gift. The funny thing is I actually do know a lot of the folks he eludes to, and I sure would remember someone as abrasive as he is....but I don't. Sounds like a guy who has read a few books and has an Orange " member" from eating Cheetoes and playing with himself in the basement.

Or....

....he could be "copy and pasting" from some gun blogs?

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a young pup, I had the opportunity to work for Gene Pearcy AKA 'Evil Roy' - for those that don't know, he's kind of a legend in the SASS world. I worked for him as a young buck, working as office manager in a real-estate office he owned in Durango, Colorado called "Red Carpet Realty". He also has (and may still have) a company called "Performance Building Systems" that builds monlithic structures with shotcrete. By the time it was all said and done, I could quote every fact known to man on those buildings.

the SAA was just getting started back then. He took me out shooting a couple of times, trying to convince me to go buy a Ruger Blackhawk and join in the fun. At the time, I wasn't making much money, had a new baby and contentious wife so it wasn't gonna happen. He wasn't the legend he is now. In fact, I think he'd only been shooting a short time. I could have been a legend right there with him had I understood the gravity of the situation. Hindsight is 20/20 ya know?

Super nice guy. he really wanted to mentor me. I was young a foolish and missed my chance. If I could go back in time, I'd find myself and kick my own butt for that.

Anyway. my go-to rifle any time we're out on the property is my Winchester 94. Think of him ever time I pick it up.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say that threads don't really change much at all, they all just start a bit different, but in the end they are all about the same. I enjoy the journey but the outcome is usually the same.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Double d-bag..................I am a gun guy that many know and yet I can not recall meeting you. I would remember a person who talks the way he spells-------Full of Chit!

Latest posts

Top Bottom