• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Older Angus Cow to be harvested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We have a nice, older Angus cow who we have pulled up to our house. She is very calm and tame. Unfortunately she is too old to continue breeding, her teeth are too far gone to allow her to continue eating for another 18 months and we just pulled her last baby from her to wean. We plan to harvest her in October as hamburger only. She is grass and grain fed.

The bad: she had an eye scratch which became infected two years ago and received two rounds of antibiotics and a short acting steroid. Her eye became infected again this year. She just received her second round of antibiotics and is healing nicely. She needs 30 days for the antibiotics to process out of her system.

She can only be harvested for ground beef or dog food. I do not want her to have to go through the process commercially (she is really sweet).

Is there any interest in buying shares on ground? Thinking 100 pounds of ground for $300.00 all in, no further costs to buyer. Share would be in 100 pound increments of final product. The flavor should be a good beef. If the meat is bad I eat all expenses, we will know at harvest.

Let me know if there is any interest. Thank you!

Fitz-

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Around what parts, not interested in going somewhere 4 hours away. But if close enough I might be in for 1 maybe 200.

Latest posts

Top Bottom