Olive oil in a smoker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was given a wine bottle size extra virgin olive oil. I have never used it because it's smoke point is to low but I was wondering if it would be okay in a smoker. I don't believe the temp gets above 275 so I think the oil would be okay. Any comments or expirances from the smoke masters here.

Most of the rest of you can (and will) chime in too. :rotflmao:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use it all the time as well, my smoker has a feature that claims it be over 450 degrees but it makes me laugh as it ain't happening, at least not since I have owned it.

Try some olive oil, slap yo mamma seasoning and coat some cheez-it crackers smoked at about 225 degrees for 15 minutes, stir/shake mildly and repeat until your desired smokiness and crispness. It is a game changer with some good tri-tip chili.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use it all the time as well, my smoker has a feature that claims it be over 450 degrees but it makes me laugh as it ain't happening, at least not since I have owned it.

Try some olive oil, slap yo mamma seasoning and coat some cheez-it crackers smoked at about 225 degrees for 15 minutes, stir/shake mildly and repeat until your desired smokiness and crispness. It is a game changer with some good tri-tip chili.
Sounds great but the wife is a wimp. I get a little to much black pepper on something and she can not eat it. I do plan to try smoking some zucchini chips soon. I think it will make a great low carb snack.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was given a wine bottle size extra virgin olive oil. I have never used it because it's smoke point is to low but I was wondering if it would be okay in a smoker. I don't believe the temp gets above 275 so I think the oil would be okay. Any comments or expirances from the smoke masters here.

Most of the rest of you can (and will) chime in too. :rotflmao:
Use it in salad dressing or put some roasted garlic in it and dip quality bread in it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom