On a scale one to ten

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's definitely some nostalgia to be had for the M9 - its served this country well.

It is extremely uncomfortable for like 75% of the population's hand-size and is ergonomically a night-mare, but somehow when it comes to military-style pistols, it ranks like 3rd on a lot of folk's lists (behind the 1911 and Browning Hi-Power).

I have to admit, a true GI M9 (like Soul Man has) would be a gun I would buy and keep forever - it would be along side a good 1911, my M1A, and hopefully in the future - eventually a Garand (and possibly a Thompson).

Aside from the nostalgia and the military-buffs, its not that great of a handgun when compared to other options. I would put it ergonomically just above the HK USP for crappy fit to almost everyone I know who has medium-sized hands.

It does seem to function well and has been proven to be a fairly reliable pistol, but its also friggin HUGE so its not very carry friendly (heavy as hell too - as all steel-framed pistols should be :D ).

I'd give it a 6 out of 10, but 4 of those points are almost completely due to nostalgia and respect for its military record (the M9).

No respect for the new lots-of-plastic 92fs since Beretta has started saving money when making pistols for the civilian market.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's definitely some nostalgia to be had for the M9 - its served this country well.

It is extremely uncomfortable for like 75% of the population's hand-size and is ergonomically a night-mare, but somehow when it comes to military-style pistols, it ranks like 3rd on a lot of folk's lists (behind the 1911 and Browning Hi-Power).

I have to admit, a true GI M9 (like Soul Man has) would be a gun I would buy and keep forever - it would be along side a good 1911, my M1A, and hopefully in the future - eventually a Garand (and possibly a Thompson).

Aside from the nostalgia and the military-buffs, its not that great of a handgun when compared to other options. I would put it ergonomically just above the HK USP for crappy fit to almost everyone I know who has medium-sized hands.

It does seem to function well and has been proven to be a fairly reliable pistol, but its also friggin HUGE so its not very carry friendly (heavy as hell too - as all steel-framed pistols should be :D ).

I'd give it a 6 out of 10, but 4 of those points are almost completely due to nostalgia and respect for its military record (the M9).

No respect for the new lots-of-plastic 92fs since Beretta has started saving money when making pistols for the civilian market.

yup, I love my m9. Maybe it's all in my head, but the only plastic parts being the grips makes me feel better. It's been 100% reliable in all sorts of weather and I've used it in roles like a truck gun, property gun, and even a ccw. I need to try selling my galco M&P shoulder holster and buy one for the M9. It fits my hand like a glove and with the addition of the crimson trace grips...............it's a keeper (guess that's why I always talk myself out of trading/selling it).

Latest posts

Top Bottom