Only one "All Purpose" handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It'd be down to the final 3: S&W Mountain Gun 4" in .45 Colt, CZ 85 or SP01 Tactical in 9x19mm, or a 1911 in .45. Probably the CZ 85.

The 'problem' here is that you said:

ALL PURPOSE handgun

But then you went on to list purposes that don't cover all the bases - namely hunting / hunting backup to a rifle:

(range, IDPA, CCW, Home defense)

So I will assume you mean all purposes except that we get to have longguns too. All purposes except those purposes served by a longgun. In which case CZ 85. But if you really meant ALL purposes, including hunting, then the .45 Colt revolver.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 20.
10mm can be loaded light or heavy as needed. Six inch barrels for a little more velocity. Conversion barrels in 357 SIG, .40 S&W and 9x25 Dillon. Conversion top end for .22LR or .50 GI or even to long slide 10mm. Carbine conversion available too.
Even bone stock, 15 rounds of 10mm is as capable as any handgun ever needs to be.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock 20.
10mm can be loaded light or heavy as needed. Six inch barrels for a little more velocity. Conversion barrels in 357 SIG, .40 S&W and 9x25 Dillon. Conversion top end for .22LR or .50 GI or even to long slide 10mm. Carbine conversion available too.
Even bone stock, 15 rounds of 10mm is as capable as any handgun ever needs to be.

I guess this is kind of a hijack, but does anyone have any experience with the 9x25 dillon? I am thinking of going this route next.

Reaction score
I *used to* WANT real bad a race 1911 longslide 2-stack in 9x23 Win (which is externally the same as the .38 Super, but a little hotter and without the semi-rim).

Supposedly the steel Tangfoglio Witness pistols in .38 super will shot 9x23 no problem. But sorry no experience with 9x25 Dillon - surely that has to best .357 mag by a good bit, up to 147 grainers, no?

To merge stuff together, a Witness 10mm would be about the only other choice I'd add to the "just one" list (of my other 3 above) - versatile chambering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom