Only one "All Purpose" handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Completely agree, but why would you want a 9mm as your sidearm while hunting, or if you had to use it to actually hunt with?

Well yeah, but it all just kinda depends on what YOUR "all-purpose" means:

-I am a hunter, so if I have NO rifle, then this one handgun, being all-purpose, has to be a hunter, too. That means a 4-4.5" revolver in .45 Colt. Also serves very well for other uses. But not everyone is a hunter.

-If one was not a hunter, OR if this hypothetical posited here does not necessary mean that you can't have a rifle, then the rifle keeps it's hunting duty, and a semi-auto round/gun makes a bit more sense to me personally, for CCW and the like. I'd pick 9x19mm in that scenario. But I ain't an urban-only guy, and I don't believe the OP clarified whether you can have longguns or not, along with this one-only handgun.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XD40 service in .40.....had the glocks for years.....no, as long as its a perfect world.

but in a EOTW scheme.....glock 22 only. just that good. I respect the glocks....just the best idea put into practice ever.

kalebiscool

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
High cap. 9mm is all good and well with extra hot loads...till you get a dud primer or any other array of things that could cause the gun to not cycle. I agree not common, but possible. Then my gp-100 will be there to save the day!

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gp 100, able to conceal, it would be difficult but doeable, 38 for plinking and small game, 357 for larger game, home defense and personal defense, very accurate, strong and reliable. Able to totally disassemble with minimal tools. A tank of a gun. My newly aquired 5" GP is about the most balanced gun I have ever handled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom