Only one "All Purpose" handgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Completely agree, but why would you want a 9mm as your sidearm while hunting, or if you had to use it to actually hunt with?

I might be putting more thought into this 'all purpose' title than necessary...

Mainly meant just for what was listed, CCW, Home Defense, IDPA, Plinking.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Completely agree, but why would you want a 9mm as your sidearm while hunting, or if you had to use it to actually hunt with?

I might be putting more thought into this 'all purpose' title than necessary...

Because Cor-Bon 9mm +P 115 JHP is has 466 Foot Pounds of energy and my Sig 226 holds 15 +1. Add two spare mags and now we have all but four rounds out of an entire box of ammo. A Glock would have taken the entire box +2 if one is in the pipe. Not bad.

I can also carry almost twice the ammo in any given space as .45 ACP and that is why I would grab my 9mm alone.

Many people also like to use what they "know" and anyone who worked for Uncle Sam since 1988ish has been issued a 9mm in a Beretta M9/92, Sig 228/226. That is a whole lot of free trainning on the platform.

If the question was you have six rounds and Big-Foot is comming you would see lot's of 44Mag but that wasn't the question.

If the question was you have to go to the depths of hell on a one way mission with 100 rounds and that is all you get I would grab my HK USP-45 but that wasn't the question either.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta be the lone oddball and go with a wheelgun: either a 4" S&W 686, or Ruger GP100 in .357 mag. Why? Will never fail to go boom in an "oh sh*t" moment, one of the best man-stopping rounds of all handguns, can use mild .38s for cheap plinking and target practice, could be used if need-be for any type of game in this part of the world (outside of bird hunting), not ammo-finnicky as far as feeding...... I guess I just like revolvers, and even though I'm more attached to the .44 mag, I'd chose the .357 686 or GP100 for the overall winner.

I agree. I would feel safe with my 686.

Latest posts

Top Bottom