Open carry being considered again in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2.bp.blogspot.com___ZtpsAhuHYs_TdBKI7eMaFI_AAAAAAAAAyM_GWi3inMcp58_s1600_lucy_football1.jpg

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Okla-lawmakers-eye-open-carry-of-handguns/blAO3TzjskGiJLnr3tofMg.cspx

At least this time around we have a governor with some balls. But I'm sure there'll be some nay votes coming from people who voted in favor of OC last time around because they know the governor will sign it this time.
I grilled my State Senator on this subject when he had his meeting with his subjects a couple months ago. I pointed out to him that when they knew the bill would never make it past the Governors desk they passed it easily. Then they failed to override his veto even though they clearly had enough votes to do so unless some of them changed their votes when it really mattered. I also asked him why, when they have enough votes, and a Governor that says she will sign it they cannot get the bill out of committee?

My last comment at the meeting did not go over well with him going by his facial expressions.
I told him I had more respect for those who said they were against it and stood their ground and voted against it than I did for those who voted for it but later did what they could to kill it.

Michael

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When she was running for office Gov Fallin said that she would have signed that bill that was vetoed. Now she says
Gov. Mary Fallin says she supports a "thoughtful, reasonable approach" to open carry that includes some restrictions
I detect some back peddling on her part.

Michael

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest fear that if it passes will businesses that don't want guns visable in their stores post "No Guns Allowed" signs.

Well, if that happened then I'd just conceal carry in there (or, if I really didn't need it, I'd boycott and send them a letter telling them as much). No reason to deny rights just based on what businesses could do.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're wrong on that front, in more ways than one.

More balls in that she said she'd sign an open carry bill if it made it to her desk.

When she was running for office Gov Fallin said that she would have signed that bill that was vetoed. Now she says

I detect some back peddling on her part.

Michael

We'll have to call her out on it if she does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom