Open Carry Bill next legislative session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Passing along an email I received - sign up!

You are receiving this email because you support Open Carry.

I apologize for the size of the previous email. If you haven't opened it yet, please delete it.

As you probably know, we successfully got Open Carry legislation through the House and the Senate last session, but Gov Brad "Veto Happy" Henry killed it. We're trying again this session, with a different Governor.

I am combining my efforts with the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association, OK2A. They have a web presence, and will make communication with you regarding legislative issues much more efficient.

You will be receiving an email soon with information about accessing the web page, a blog page, and the upcoming meeting of the Oklahoma Second Amendment Association.

Together we'll get this important legislation passed once and for all!

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/oc4ok/petition.html

Over 12000 signatures and counting. Please spread the word, and encourage others to include their email address when they sign the petition.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to encourage the addition of "shall not be a criminal act" verbiage to our the end of our SDA. This is what the law in MO says at the end of prohibited places to carry but makes the exception for valid CWP holders to not be charged with a crime if found to be carrying in a prohibited place. You can only be asked to leave the premises and if you refuse then you could only be charged with a misdemeanor and a small fine, no felony. We should make the best out of the Henry veto and add this to either the open carry bill or the Oklahoma Firearms Freedom act in the next legislative session.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where's the NRA on this?? Are they going to be silent on this again? Why aren't the members of the NRA being notified via e-mail, local news, or during presentations at Friends of the NRA Dinner meetings??

Why?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own. I don't always agree with the NRA but ,I'll support them.I don't see anybody else that fights for our gun rights as well as they do. I don't support open carry myself. Once there was a push on here to allow carrying in bars if you didn't drink. Put the two together and the outcome wouldn't be good. All we would need would be just one unjustified shooting and the antigun crazies would go into a frenzy. Be careful of what you want, you may get it.

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To each his own. I don't always agree with the NRA but ,I'll support them.I don't see anybody else that fights for our gun rights as well as they do. I don't support open carry myself. Once there was a push on here to allow carrying in bars if you didn't drink. Put the two together and the outcome wouldn't be good. All we would need would be just one unjustified shooting and the antigun crazies would go into a frenzy. Be careful of what you want, you may get it.

Gun Owners of America

Latest posts

Top Bottom