Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this is the wrong forum please move.

RICHMOND -- An 18-year-old man was sentenced this week to 40 years in prison for murdering two men in separate shootings in South Richmond, including one victim who was shot with his own gun after it was snatched from his holster.
Toby Smith Jr. pleaded guilty in June to two counts of first-degree murder in the killings of Blaine Tyler, who was fatally shot with his own gun in a gas station, and Pierre Walter “Pete” Cosby, who was shot less than seven hours later with the same weapon.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/l...cle_5971f160-05d5-11e3-b11c-0019bb30f31a.html

Which is why if one open carries one does it with a retention holster and takes the time to get training in weapon retention.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With open and shut cases like this there should be 1 trial. After the one trial is over they should take him or her out back and have the local sheriff put two in their chest and one I the head. Another prime exams is the mass murder in the movie theater. Why haven they already kill that POS?

Because he is trying to plead insanity I think.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeh. The articles I'm reading are avoiding race altogether. When they do that...

If there were suspects on the loose, it would be the ordinary thing to release descriptions including their heights and races. The story excludes the races of the victims and asailants because they seem to be largely irrelivant at this point.

You seem to enjoy making everything about race. A day or two ago, you even compared a conspirator in the plot against Hitler to Benidict Arnold.

What is the significance of your screen name?

Let me guess. You're part of the StormFront Out Reach Initiative.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If there were suspects on the loose, it would be the ordinary thing to release descriptions including their heights and races. The story excludes the races of the victims and asailants because they seem to be largely irrelivant at this point.

You seem to enjoy making everything about race. A day or two ago, you even compared a conspirator in the plot against Hitler to Benidict Arnold.

What is the significance of your screen name?

Let me guess. You're part of the StormFront Out Reach Initiative.

Well, that was a quick trial...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think that harping on an irrelevant missing fact such as the ethnicity of the assailant and the victim is a politically correct issue. It really doesn't make any difference that the victim was a black man and the perp was a white kid. As a pro-2A group, what we should be taking from this story is the victim made some bad decisions. Not that it's his fault that he was killed, but he made several mistakes. Situational awareness is imperative, a good retention holster on a surdy belt is a must, don't chase the person that took your weapon from you...get the hell out of Dodge.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Situational awareness almost trumps all the other factors combined, and please observe I've not stated that the perp be taken out and shot. As to ignerntbend's assertion, I did not marry white, and that sort of rules me out of that hate group he alluded to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom