Open Carry One day class?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if the Open carry passes (Keeping my fingers crossed real tight it does), it seems like this would be a good opportunity for some of our LEO-background sponsors on OSA to offer a one day class on how to open carry safely...things like:
- different retention holsters,
-appropriate behavior if confronted by sheeple or an LEO when OCing,
-Appropriate way to position oneself and draw from OC,
-places to carry OC,
-appropriate situational awareness when opencarrying,
etc etc
seems like good material for a one day class.
Anyone thinking of offering this?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lets get it passed first. besides there won't be many places to open carry when all the new gunbuster signs go up.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Classes...good idea. Maybe some folks who DONT get some good CCW training after the permit arrives will show up for some basic tactical and retention work.

I dont think the signs will show up. The did not in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, North Dakota...........

Besides... if they do- cover up. Admit it ya'all.. those signs have not stopped you yet have they?

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Classes...good idea. Maybe some folks who DONT get some good CCW training after the permit arrives will show up for some basic tactical and retention work.

I dont think the signs will show up. The did not in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, North Dakota...........

Besides... if they do- cover up. Admit it ya'all.. those signs have not stopped you yet have they?
Absolutely not.

O

oklacowboy

Classes are all ways a good idea. More training is great.

I'm with Jefpainthorse on this one, I dont think the signs will show up either. If they do I dont need to go there.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the Guys wanting to OC, this is the class I'd recommend, you'll do a LOT of weapon retention in this class.
http://www.usshootingacademy.com/training_course.aspx?id=15

Anybody that can afford to pay the USSA rates can afford to have an armed security detail following them around.

Besides, everything asked in the OP is opinion anyways. Most of those questions would be better asked of a lawyer or holster company rep than a moonlighting or out-of-work security guard.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody that can afford to pay the USSA rates can afford to have an armed security detail following them around.

Besides, everything asked in the OP is opinion anyways. Most of those questions would be better asked of a lawyer or holster company rep than a moonlighting or out-of-work security guard.

WOW... did not know that you can get an Armed Security detail for $400-$500, is that for a year or?? or is that why the security guard is out of work???

Latest posts

Top Bottom