Opinions on automatic knives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The carrying, possession and use of any weapon by a peace officer or other person authorized by law to carry a weapon in the performance of official duties and in compliance with the rules of the employing agency;

Is this what your getting at ?
1. authorization- good luck with that where a knife is involved

2. ON duty

3. dont forget the rules compliant, just like # 1

They just carry one if they want ...who is going to question them?

And its kind of silly when a fixed blade is probably better any way, but people ought to have a right to carry one!!

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a auto for a while. Now my main carry is a A.G. Russell Woodswalker. Small fixed blade. Aus 8 steel. Comes with a leather back pocket sheath. And a optional kydex neck sheath. I rigged it up with a Tek Loc and carry it horizontal on my belt. Around a three inch blade. It will deploy fast. And if I lose it. I have around 25 bucks in it. Will at H and H recommended it to me. I use it here on the ranch. Cleaned a few trout with it on vaca. I like it.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have carried a Kershaw leek and it's self assist opening by using what they call a torsion bar. Flick of the finger for one hand opening. Comes razor sharp and is easy to keep that way. You can order them on eBay and find them in all black with serrated or non serrated blade. Wally world carries them to and I've seen them in black there before. They used to be $45 but now are generally $50-$60 eqch. I won't carry anything but a Kershaw leek. As a matter of fact, " I'd walk a mile for a Kershaw Leek." that's for all the old timers that have ever saw the old Camel cigarette commercials.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love assisted-opening knives. The Kershaw "Speed Safe" system is bettter than many full-on autos that i have tried. Washington had to clarify its knife laws a few years ago because assisted-opening knives were a grey area. The Ken Onion Blackout was my standard for over a decade. I actually had several and kept extras at my parent's and inlaw's for times I wasn't checking baggage. I have a Leek now and love it. My Zero Tolerance ZT300 is great but it weighs a ton in my pocket. The recurve is also a bit harder to sharpen.

In respect to the obtuse butt-hurt regarding LE/military carry of autos, many states prohibit autos in general but have an exception for active duty military, law enforcement, and in some instances, "first responders," which is a pretty broad term. I presume the question arose to see if there were similar exceptions in Oklahoma, not enter a philosophical discussion.

I think it is foolish to prohibit knives because they scare some people, and think the ability to open a knife with one hand is very important. If I'm holding something that needs cut, I want to be able to deploy my knife and get the job done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom