Optics Trijicon Reflex, ACOG or TARS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for more of that good mind candy on the optics I wish I could afford and what close / clones are available with decent quality. Good day bright lighting visibility is a must. Prefer no battery fiber optic fed but likely will have to settle for AA or similar powered unit. I want a Trijicon ACOG, LARS or Reflex good used with flip away to the side mount but with money not on trees what decent alternatives are out there you alll have good experience with? Again thank you all for so much great advice.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First things first.
Before you get to deep into all of the different options as far as optics go, you will save yourself a considerable amount of time and money by first determining what you want to accomplish. Until you have the mission defined, you will just be swimming in circles.
Second, figure out your budget.

Once you have that loosely or firmly defined then your choices will narrow and any advice given will serve you much better.

Do you want a short range optic, something for cqb out to about 200 meters? Or something that can help you id and engage targets 200 and beyond?
What quality are you willing to pay for? You dont have to spend a fortune for good glass, but you will get what you pay for.
Good luck!

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out to 200-250 yds is all my aging eyes will allow a good reliable range with high level of accuracy on my part. About $300 bargain basement used with minor issues or moderate astethic blems are accrptable.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want no batteries, check out the Meprolight dot scopes. Tritium powered.

For a really good Trijicon, check out the SRS. It's solar powered in the daylight and uses a AA lithium battery in low light. Battery life is advertised as three years if left on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom