OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may sound weird, but I seem to get as much pleasure outa cleaning my guns as I do shooting them. Went to the range Tuesday and wasn't able to get to the cleaning that evening. However, it certainly gave me something to look forward to doing yesterday.

Carry on my wayward sons.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This may sound weird, but I seem to get as much pleasure outa cleaning my guns as I do shooting them. Went to the range Tuesday and wasn't able to get to the cleaning that evening. However, it certainly gave me something to look forward to doing yesterday.

Carry on my wayward sons.

You and I feel the same way. Before I had a few health issues, I could justify cleaning my guns because I'd drop a ton of brass. Now it's a bit tough to do that plus the virus thing and panic ammo, just can't shoot that much even though I reload. I just enjoy a cold day picking out a couple of rifles and hand guns that were the last cleaned and take them down completely. I have a couple of great magnifying lights that lets me inspect springs and the smallest piece. I clean, oil and reassemble. The kind of cleaning I do takes a bit of time on each weapon and I have a lot to go though including my WWI and II wall hangers (after restoring they shoot, and I do shoot them ). It's a zen thing to me. I get completely engrossed in the cleaning and still amazed at the engineering that went into developing a weapon. I don't think people that take care of their guns quite understand the simple (and complex) creative development of a device that has to be reliable and accurate. I'm still amazed each time I break one down.
Yes.....I have issues.....Ha.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang.
I took my wife, son and daughter-in-law to the range this afternoon. It felt sooooo good to get on the range. Seems like it has been forever.
We wound up shooting 500 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of .40 and also put 100 rounds of 22LR through the G44.
It was a great afternoon.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang.
I took my wife, son and daughter-in-law to the range this afternoon. It felt sooooo good to get on the range. Seems like it has been forever.
We wound up shooting 500 rounds of 9mm and 500 rounds of .40 and also put 100 rounds of 22LR through the G44.
It was a great afternoon.

I shot at Big Boys yesterday afternoon. Only 1 other person there. Shot 45acp, 40 cal, and my G44 also. Good to get out!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot at Big Boys yesterday afternoon. Only 1 other person there. Shot 45acp, 40 cal, and my G44 also. Good to get out!
We shot our at Wilshire Gun Range. It was my first time there and there was only one other shooter in the 25 yard range with us. Interesting place with the bar and cafe and all. Doesn’t really feel like a real LGS until you get into the actual range. Not bad, just different.
I prefer Big Boys for sure.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
The wife and I drove back up to the lake house late last night. What a miserable drive. It misting rain and it seemed like I was driving through the spray that the big trucks give off when it's raining. Hated it but we made it safely back home.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From our recent trip to Utah and Arizona. This is a site in the Petrified Forest National Park called Puerco Pueblo. Some of this might even be of interest to @Neanderthal, since it is images of ruins and petroglyphs at this site.

Still trying to figure out what two of those petroglyphs in the above picture are representing.

Note to @Neanderthal: We weren't able to get to Citadel Ruins, Fallen Roof Ruins, or Natural Bridges National Monument. Weather that day wasn't cooperating with snow preventing us to get to any of those three.

Plus, after two days of hiking around in Arches National Park, we were pretty tired out from hiking about 15 miles and didn't really want to make the hikes to the canyons where Citadel Ruins and Fallen Roof Ruins are located. Maybe another day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom