OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening guys,
Got one side of new roof shingled before the rains came. Hopefully I will get it all finished tomorrow.
The cool thing was I was able to do what I have always wanted since we bought the lake house, Be able to sit out on the deck and watch the storms come across the lake. It was really nice.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening folks,
We today I got all the shingles up and nailed down. Man I hate roofing.
Now just have a few projects under the roof to finish up. The wife keeps coming out and wanting something added about every 3 hours.
I told her to quick looking up decks and deck roofs on Pinterest and let me finish the damn thing. She just rolls her eyes and says "when you get that done how about adding this". I just say yes dear and keep on working. lol

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening folks,
We today I got all the shingles up and nailed down. Man I hate roofing.
Now just have a few projects under the roof to finish up. The wife keeps coming out and wanting something added about every 3 hours.
I told her to quick looking up decks and deck roofs on Pinterest and let me finish the damn thing. She just rolls her eyes and says "when you get that done how about adding this". I just say yes dear and keep on working. lol

The best advice my Dad gave me was to just grin and nod.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kid tells his dad he's going to get married, but he says when I get married I'm not going to be henpecked like you, I'm going to be the head of my family.

Dad says to the kid, "I tell ya what... you hook the brown mule and the black mule up to the old wagon and load the old wagon up with chickens, then you go all around this valley and talk to every husband in the valley. When you find a husband who is henpecked, you give him one of the chickens. When you find one who is not henpecked, you give him one of the mules. I GUARANTEE you will run out of chickens before you run out of mules."

So the kid says okay, I will. And he spends all day going around the valley talking to husbands, and all he has given out is chickens.

He finally comes to one farm house and knocks on the door. A man comes to the door and the kid explains, "I'm talking to all the husbands in the valley to find out who is henpecked and who is not. If you are henpecked, I will give you one of these chickens, but if you are not, I will give you one of these mules."

The man says, "Well, you'll have to give me a mule, because I am NOT henpecked."
The kid says, "Okay, which mule do you want?"
The man says, "I'll take the brown one."
His wife sticks her head out the window and says, "Take the black one!"
The man says, "I'll take the black one."
The kid says, "You'll take a chicken, like everyone else."

:pms2:

It's funnier if you can tell it in person.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
B718CF92-2981-4604-AF65-CEE85107F06D.jpeg
Good evening guys,
Well I got the new roof over the front deck and side deck finished today. Now just have lots of little things to do underneath. But I think it turned our great. We got to sit under it and watch the sunset this evening.

178739653_10223022313778317_7736189115377965283_n.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't see a sunset, Dancer. Too lazy to take pictures?

Wife and I FINALLY made it to Alabama today. Was supposed to leave for here last Saturday, but issues with our work van delayed us over the weekend. Monday saw it all "fixed" and we left Oklahoma on Tuesday. Made it to Collierville, TN that evening and then on into Alabama today.

Spending our first night in Alabama in Gasden at the Hampton Inn, with is right by the Coosa River. I went out with my camera after supper and met a new friend. He was first seen at the water's edge of the river, but when I came back from walking a small park, he was up on the railing of a fishing dock. This picture shows him walking up towards me.

Side view, and I have no idea what kind of duck he/she is.

River and traffic.

Interesting growth on these trees.

Latest posts

Top Bottom