OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used to spend a lot of time at Longs Resort on Grand. Just about every weekend for a long time.
One of the things we did was to help them gather up the driftwood/firewood and build fires.
If I remember right the GRDA requires those owning lakefront to keep their shores clean of driftwood.
I remember some taking big stuff out into the lake with their boats in the middle of the night to drift off elsewhere which was kind of screwing your neighbor.
Love that lake. Talked to the wife about visiting there again. Some of the best fishing in Ok.
Yes, you are correct. GRDA does require us to keep our shorelines clear of drift wood. It is the only wood we are allowed to burn on the shore. You cannot buy a Rick of wood and burn it on shore but we can burn anything that floats up to the shore. We have a couple of neighbors here that keeps our shoreline clean and they stockpile the driftwood and larger trees to burn every Saturday.

I have been coming to Grand since I was in high school. We have owned our place here now for 6 years.
I hope to never leave, we love it here.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too much going on here ... Just the usual ... Keeping up with Grumpy and the critters. Have a few things planted. Blackberry bushes are COVERED up. Looking forward to making lots of blackberry preserves ... Doctors told me all my fractures are healed so I can start exercising and doing my PT exercises. The nerve damage is still giving me problems but all things considered I'm better than I have any right to be.

The north "breeze" was causing that tree to creak and groan up in the branches today. :ooh2:But ... Since the wind was outta the north anything that came outta it would have landed on their side of the fence. I think. Haha! Didn't stop my heart from skipping a beat and me stopping dead in my tracks when I heard it, though. :bigeye:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear the fractures are healed Gurl! Hope you can get out to shoot a little.

Dancer your lake house makes me jealous.

Lol Grumpy and I stopped by the old Henry's Guns (now Route 66 Range) to check it out. We are gonna go back Wednesday and I'm gonna try my .22. It's gonna be interesting with those upper back spasms but no time like the present, huh??

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not too much going on here ... Just the usual ... Keeping up with Grumpy and the critters. Have a few things planted. Blackberry bushes are COVERED up. Looking forward to making lots of blackberry preserves ... Doctors told me all my fractures are healed so I can start exercising and doing my PT exercises. The nerve damage is still giving me problems but all things considered I'm better than I have any right to be.
Man, I love me some blackberry preserves. My grandmother use to make blackberry preserves for us. One of my favorites.
So glad to hear that your fractures are all healed up. Stick with your PT exercises and you will be back in no time.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I love me some blackberry preserves. My grandmother use to make blackberry preserves for us. One of my favorites.
So glad to hear that your fractures are all healed up. Stick with your PT exercises and you will be back in no time.

Hmmmm ... I know where to find you now! ;)

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear the fractures are healed Gurl! Hope you can get out to shoot a little.

Dancer your lake house makes me jealous.
Thanks man. We love it there. We are getting ready for our company party up there in June. We got our deck all re-stained, LED rope lighting ran and color changing LED lights hung under the new deck roof this weekend.
We normally have about 30 to 35 people up there for the weekend. We have a great time.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I know where to find you now! ;)
smiley-face-thumbs-up-clipart-xTgnj6GTA.png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks man. We love it there. We are getting ready for our company party up there in June. We got our deck all re-stained, LED rope lighting ran and color changing LED lights hung under the new deck roof this weekend.
We normally have about 30 to 35 people up there for the weekend. We have a great time.
31-36 if you give me the address. Lol jk

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol Grumpy and I stopped by the old Henry's Guns (now Route 66 Range) to check it out. We are gonna go back Wednesday and I'm gonna try my .22. It's gonna be interesting with those upper back spasms but no time like the present, huh??
I have a tripod that holds a rifle. It can be adjusted to whatever height a shooter needs. It holds the rifle weight completely and can maintain control of it if you step away. Welcome to borrow if you want to try it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom