OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool pic. The circular formation on the left side of the pic looks interesting.

I thought that when I first saw it. When I take pictures, I will sometimes take multiple ones, each with just a wee bit of different perspective. We were once vacationing in Colorado with relatives and stopped to take pictures of a cascading waterfall. It wasn't a big one, but I must have taken 8 or 9 photos of the full cascade and other little steps of the cascade. My brother-in-law couldn't understand why I took so many.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1702660095740.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along the Oregon coastline and about mid-state, there are pretty large sand dunes that are referred to as the Oregon Dunes. As one is driving along one of the major highways there, one can look over and see sand dunes enveloping the lower 1/4th or more of mature Pine trees. The dunes came about because someone in their well intentions decided that the state needed to plant grasses along the beaches to prevent beach sand from going in too far. However, that began a process of the sand then covering the grass, which then grew taller and spread out, and now they have pretty large dunes to deal with through that area.

Now they seem to think that groups such as scout groups and others need to go out and dig out the grasses.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Chilly wet morning here on Grand Lake. The wife and I are packed up and just about ready to drive back to OKC.
Going to go see Mom this afternoon in the hospital. She is doing much better and hopes to be home at my brother’s house for Christmas.
Then we are going to see some female comedian at the Criterion with our team tonight. That should be fun.
Have a great day!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I overslept some this morning and didn't have time to post this earlier, but I also needed to get to church this morning.

So, this is of the Badlands in South Dakota. 2020 was our first trip up to there, and while Mount Rushmore is a cool thing to see, I also wanted to see other features in the state. While no picture here of these other sites, we also drove the Needles Highway, the Iron Mountain Road, and saw Spearfish Canyon up by Spearfish, SD.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken along the Natchez Trace Parkway, and the bridge is one that is up near the Nashville, TN end of the trail. We happened to be in Nashville to do some of our Summer work and with some time on our hands, we drove a little ways down the Parkway road. I've still got it in my head to go back there and explore the entire length of the Trace, but I want to do it in the Fall when the colors are good.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20231217_162021.jpg

Took the old man out yesterday and set up his ground blind for the holiday doe season. Today, went out with him after I got off work to verify zero on his 243 AI rifle, he did have to move it a couple inches so good we checked it. He picked up his license today too so he should be good to go this week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom