OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we were in Colorado for 20 months after retirement, I had put up this bird bath in the "yard" of our RV site. It was popular for birds, squirrels, and deer. In this case, I took the picture just as the squirrel jumped up and before the bird could leave. Another lucky occurrence.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, this one escapes me as to where and when I took this picture. I've looked at this one for several minutes and still can't recall the "bluff" in the background and the trees and street lights more in the foreground. So, sorry, but no explanation for this one. Maybe it will come to me later.

EDIT: OK, I had an idea and went to look in my Utah folder on Smugmug. Sure enough, there was this picture again in the folder about Hitch-n-Post RV Park. So, this is in Kanab, UT.

Last edited:

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@TerryMiller that last pic reminded me of this one I took right after we moved here in 2020. I was fishing at a cattle pond on one of our deacon’s property.
IMG_2423.jpeg

And here’s one of the Mrs with said deacon holding a nice bass she caught.
IMG_4169.jpeg

Last edited:

cwheatley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we were in Colorado for 20 months after retirement, I had put up this bird bath in the "yard" of our RV site. It was popular for birds, squirrels, and deer. In this case, I took the picture just as the squirrel jumped up and before the bird could leave. Another lucky occurrence.
Saw that black squirrel and instantly thought - Colorado?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scratch built some wood fence in the backyard this afternoon. Used pressure treated 2X4's (instead of white wood 2X3's), cedar pickets (instead of white wood), and screws (instead of little ass nails). I'm betting they will last much longer than those pre-made panels.

Tomorrow may be a 'recovery' day --- doing things like this certainly hurt more than they used to!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the call at 0930 this morning asking if I could go work in our Snyder, TX area. Finished the project I was already working on, drove home and packed, then made the 4 hour trip down here. Got to one of our compressor stations around 1630, and didn't end up leaving it until 2230. Finally made it to the hotel a few minutes ago, tomorrow's going to hurt! Getting too old for this s**t 🤣

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't necessarily the type of sign one wants to see when one's Summer job is doing road and pavement condition surveys in a Ford Transit van loaded with heavy equipment.

Fortunately for me, I didn't see the sign (and photograph it) until after we had worked that road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom