OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, gathered up my gear and took off with the 4 wheeler on a trailer to do some dove hunting at the farm. I got a few miles down the road and noticed the trailer wheel was wobbling some. Pulled over and sure enough the wheel bearings need some adjustment. Went back home and unloaded the 4 wheeler so I can roll the trailer into the shop tomorrow. It's probably time to repack those bearings anyway. It's been to New Mexico about 4 times and to the farms a zillion times which is a hundred miles round trip, so some maintenance is probably well deserved.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Similar to what happened with Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, a private family leased the land for Smith Falls State Park to the state of Nebraska and asked that admission to the park always be free. The difference between the two is that Garden of the Gods was outright donated, if I remember right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, which is located just a bit northwest of Las Vegas. Driving through Las Vegas a couple of days before left me unimpressed, so when we went to return to Utah from Pahrump, NV, we took a route that took us through this area. It's a lot different from Oklahoma's Red Rock Canyon.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an image taken at the Theodore Roosevelt National Park's North Unit this year. After we finished Oregon with our Summer job, they had us go work the roads in some of the national parks. Normally, when we are working, I can't take the time to take pictures, but in this case, we had finished the work in the North Unit, and I took pictures as we were leaving the park.

Both the North and South units of the Teddy Roosevelt Natl Park include the badlands.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veteran's Lake in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area near Sulphur, OK. When we first moved back to Oklahoma from traveling for about 4 years in our RV, we stayed in an RV park near Lake of the Ozarks, which was owned by a fellow forum member. We were only there for a few months, but we got to walk a number of trails in that area. Sadly, Sulphur got hit by a tornado within this last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom