OSA's best fake accounts.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, real person. Pretty nice guy in reality. He was wanting some Osage Orange firewood and I have a 22 acre grove of it at the farm so we met one Saturday to cut some. I used the tractor and front loader to stack the logs on his goose neck trailer.
I've never understood why some people burn such valuable wood. You oughtta see what lumber suppliers charge for uncommonly beautiful woods like this and mesquite. A fifty foot average osage tree could be worth upwards of thirty grand in lumber.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood why some people burn such valuable wood. You oughtta see what lumber suppliers charge for uncommonly beautiful woods like this and mesquite. A fifty foot average osage tree could be worth upwards of thirty grand in lumber.
Find me a market!
Not many Osage orange trees reach 50’. At least not in my neck of the woods. My biggest is probably 12” in diameter and 20’ tall. They typically grow in clumps and are very bushy. It’s rare to find any trunk straight enough for lumber.
For hobby wood to create laminate or turn on the lathe is about all mine would be good for.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find me a market!
Not many Osage orange trees reach 50’. At least not in my neck of the woods. My biggest is probably 12” in diameter and 20’ tall. They typically grow in clumps and are very bushy. It’s rare to find any trunk straight enough for lumber.
For hobby wood to create laminate or turn on the lathe is about all mine would be good for.

I wish all Osage Orange trees were like those in Cann Gardens there in PC. 6' diameter trunks, 50-60' tall. A 3"x3"x18" turning blank sells for $60 in OKC... I'd call a saw mill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom