OSBI and OK Narcotics on i40 east pulling people over.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see ok narcotics and maybe osbi it is probably just narcotics with an older marker on their vehicle as I don't think osbi has uniformed officers. Anyways I drive this road between exits for El Reno and Geary and everyday I see them pulling people over and at least 2 times a week searching vehicles. Why are these people giving consent to these officers? Today I saw an elderly man on the side of the road standing about 10 yards watching 3 officers search his vehicle. They obviously must not believe there is something worth finding otherwise they would have paid more attention to the driver or at least have him stand somewhere more visible. It is nuts

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been stopped on that route as well(I was in a small uhaul with CA plates). I am surprised there aren't more of them patrolling 35 south(people coming back from Colorado).

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They've staked out that area for well over 10 years that I know of. Nothing new at all. I used to drive that way everyday working western OK.
Ive really only been out there this year and last as kingfisher, Blaine and major are really hot areas for oil at the moment . I just don't know why people keep giving consent to a search.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive really only been out there this year and last as kingfisher, Blaine and major are really hot areas for oil at the moment . I just don't know why people keep giving consent to a search.

Good luck with that. A search they want to happen is going to happen whether you want it or not. It'll just take longer.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect they don't know any better, or feel it's no big deal since they have nothing to hide. I've seen luggage and boxes stacked up in big piles on the shoulder while the "searchees" are sitting up on the grass looking bored as hell. I always wondered if OBN repacks the vehicle for them. I'd refuse based on that alone.

I already packed it once and I ain't doing it again. :hellno:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fear getting searched on my way to/from our annual New Mexico camping trip. I pack that truck like a gottdamn perfectly organized rubix cube and it takes a good half a day to get it right. I might make the news for a freakout if 9+ days of gear is spread out in the hot Okie sun on my only vacation of the year.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is some truth here too.

The only "search" request you can actually 'refuse' doesn't count. OHP asks if they can look around the vehicle on a lot of stops. I am 99% certain it is just to see if the driver gets nervous upon hearing that. You can say you have to get going and they don't seem to care.

Suburb jerk cops or the drug cops? LOL. Might as well say yes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom