OSBI and OK Narcotics on i40 east pulling people over.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I/we go to CO once a month or more and we're in the process now closing on a place in Longmont so we will be there alot more pretty soon. My wife can drive us back and forth and never even get a glance from a cop or even see that many- we go up thru KS on the way there, back down thru NM and the panhandle on the way back sometimes and its the same for her both routes. If Im driving its about 50-50 if we're gonna get pulled over.

What do they pull you for?

We've been going to Denver a good bit since our friend moved there, and we go to New Mexico once a year. Never been pulled over.

I set the cruise at the speed limit or 1-2 mph over. And I have short hair. :)

I do make sure I'm not wearing a Weedeater or Buzzoven or SLEEP t-shirt, too. LOL. Saw a black guy with dreads in a Snoop Dog t-shirt at a gas station in far west KS on 4/21 a couple years back. That's ballsy.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For?

I have legal representation on the ready for just about anything. And money. They can bring it on and prove it if they have anything on me. Its a sad state of affairs but its people who cant afford to fight for their rights that get ****ed over. I dont cause trouble thus I dont worry about trouble.
Yes but it does happen. Yes poorer people are more likely to get the worst of it but you shouldnt have to waste your money to get something back that you never deserved to lose. Again it is against the spirit of the law and even if you do fight it and win nothing changes and no one is held responsible. Some people just give up as it costs more to win than just lose your property. That is the problem with searches and civil forfeiture. If they can some how conclude you shouldnt have your car than its gone. Why I dont consent to searches. I dont have anything to hide and they shouldnt be asking.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again it is against the spirit of the law and even if you do fight it and win nothing changes and no one is held responsible. Some people just give up as it costs more to win than just lose your property. That is the problem with searches and civil forfeiture. If they can some how conclude you shouldnt have your car than its gone. Why I dont consent to searches. I dont have anything to hide and they shouldnt be asking.
I get it. That makes alot of sense.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do they pull you for?

We've been going to Denver a good bit since our friend moved there, and we go to New Mexico once a year. Never been pulled over.

I set the cruise at the speed limit or 1-2 mph over. And I have short hair. :)

I do make sure I'm not wearing a Weedeater or Buzzoven or SLEEP t-shirt, too. LOL. Saw a black guy with dreads in a Snoop Dog t-shirt at a gas station in far west KS on 4/21 a couple years back. That's ballsy.

I do try to stay about 9mph or under when driving in or nearer the city limits any where I am, but honestly- its usually my speed when out and away from town and out on the highway that is likely the main draw in getting me pulled over. I doubt Im a bust magnet because of the long hair and bodyart way out there on the highway where the speeds are higher and they get you with their long range radar/laser guns.

The CA tag tho with the dark tinted windows and low profile wheels/tires and stance of the type of Japanese RWD sports cars that I like is a big draw tho, especially in the midwest. I had an Iowa HP follow me one day from a short distance off the exit on I80 thru several intersections and lane changes in Des Moines until he finally gave up or had ran me and didnt find anything on the tag,etc. No idea. I was doing nothing. A long haired dude in a black expensive sports car at 2p in the afternoon cruising the speed limit in the right lane even and here he came and didnt get off my azz for about 10 miles or so. I had did everything right and also knew I had no equipment problems- he was following me waiting for me to **** up or the tint was too dark, no idea. I think if it had been 2am tho I would almost gaurentee I would have got pulled over regardless and checked out.

Cant be the clothes. Im a musician but Im pretty boring in my dress, I just like to be comfortable. Im prolly the only one who doesnt wear many rock type Tshirts, never really did, and for sure no more weed shirts. Lolll. I had my all black clothes and weed/drug type shirts phase when I was younger but now its usually just like Dickies work wear pants or shorts and plain Ts with a ballcap and pull on type shoes. Normally Im so dressed down I look just like an inmate- my wife actually calls it my 'prison issue' look.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never consent to a search is what I've always been told. There are reports of "evidence" being left by the searchers.
It would seem to me that with the increased use of cameras on cops and their vehicles that we should be able to trust them more? I wouldnt dare ever let them in my house without a warrant and or my lawyer there with me, but being in my car out on the road I just dont feel like starting any trouble with them any more than I have to. I gauge my reaction to them based on their reaction to me. If theyre cool Im cool, if theyre a real richardhead then I might think about not agreeing to anything then without a warrant or whatever.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would seem to me that with the increased use of cameras on cops and their vehicles that we should be able to trust them more? I wouldnt dare ever let them in my house without a warrant and or my lawyer there with me, but being in my car out on the road I just dont feel like starting any trouble with them any more than I have to. I gauge my reaction to them based on their reaction to me. If theyre cool Im cool, if theyre a real richardhead then I might think about not agreeing to anything then without a warrant or whatever.
Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home. At least in Ok with the stand your ground law.

Hell, we have enough people living in them now after the oil bust, it should be considered as a primary dwelling.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canadian County SO has been on the news quite a bit lately with drug seizures. I always wonder how many get through without being caught.

Latest posts

Top Bottom