OSBI's statement: "Concealed carriers more law-abiding than LEO"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many people quote this, even my SDA instructor last year, especially when discussing the hot topic of open-carry, but where are they getting this information from? I've searched Google and I've looked through OSBI's website, but don't find where they state this.

Is there a LEO vs Non-LEO vs CCL'er criminal statistical report somewhere I'm missing or is this just some fabricated statement?

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen this particular statement, but I have seen the one that says "SDA licensees are 10 times more law abiding than the general population."

From Professor Michael O'Shea's presentation during the House Public Safety Committee Interim Study on September 23, 2011
Summary of Professor Michael O'Shea said:
Over 107,000 licenses have been issued in last five years with only 30 revocations. Since the inception of the program, only 85 suspensions were related to felony arrests. It is estimated that between 6 to 24 suspensions per year for failure to conceal. Some reports that 8 to 10% of the Oklahoma adult population is a felon. OSDA licensees are 10 times more law abiding than the general population.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom