Ouch! Pit bulls at it again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like snakes I think the only good pit bull is a dead one. I got no use for them. Now this 5 year old is gonna go through his life messed up.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20131122/NEWS/311220046?nclick_check=1

YONKERS — If Marissa Pettiford had to do it over again, she would have let her 5-year-old grandson play the video game he kept begging to play.

Instead, the boy found his way into a bedroom, where he tried to climb into bed with his sleeping 13-year-old aunt and her pet pit bull. Pettiford said that’s when the dog, a particularly protective 6-year-old female named Momma, turned on the boy, attacking him and severing his genitals.

The public education group DogsBite.org reports that last year 38 people died as a result of dog attacks in the U.S. Pit bulls, which make up 5 percent of the country’s dog population, were responsible for 23 — or 61 percent — of the deaths, the group reports. Half of those killed were children 8 or younger

If you got young children you should probably think twice about having these types of dogs around.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's common knowledge that black Pit Bulls are the most vicious. Plus, they have the most teeth. I don't know why anyone would need a dog with that many teeth. They should be banned.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, you can unload and lockup a firearm when the kids are around but what do you do with a pitbull that everyone thinks is harmless? Muzzle it I guess.

It's extremely difficult to tell anything from the story but large breed dogs require an amount of responsibility. This dog didn't just turn on someone, sounds like it was sleeping with it's owner and was startled. There's an amount of responsibility that could be passed around here, but that will never happen. It's the breed's fault..... just like guns.

IF and I say IF you are worried about protecting children.... then start banning swimming pools. It's for the children.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, a startled dog, regardless of breed should not attack a child. If a dog cannot distinguish between a toddler and a real threat the dog should be sent to doggy heaven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom