out-of-state advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My partner and I are thinking about an out-of-state hunt of some sort next year. Since I have better internet access, I'm trying to do some research on our best options. I was wondering if any of you could advise me on some of the better states in relation to over the counter tags, public land access,etc. We're not necessarily looking at elk or bear, maybe just antelope/mule deer on a DIY hunt, maybe even whitetail or predators though I would rather something that I can't access as easy here at home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

reagorfu

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
iowa has great hunting, and most ( and i really do mean most ) land owners will let you hunt for free. most people up there think that its not right to lease.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that;been surfing state's hunting sites, hadn't tried IA's yet. I have in-laws in Minnesota and North Dakota, so I'm thinking about trying to figure out something there possibly, but I'm game for anyplace new.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Arizona and New Mexico both have over the counter for bear and both states are loaded with public land.I have some friends that went to Wyoming last year for deer and antelope and they all tagged out.There are lots of western states that have plenty of game but they are not over the counter friendly. Still lots of options if you can put in for a draw for big game.

Scott

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found something on the internet today called "HSP/AWA", basically a company that leases out private land in several states, and then sells memberships in sort of a multistate hunting club. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them, had dealings with them, of know of people that has? Depending on the fine print, the costs are a little high for me but not high enough to dismiss the idea completely. Let me know your opinions, and thanks again.

bigdlong

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
South Dakota has a out of state drawing for antelope and it is good , I have drawn out for 2 years in a row . the tags are reasonable and there is plenty of public hunting land . It is walk in only where I go but there are plenty of Antelope there and the hunting is great .

Latest posts

Top Bottom