Overdue toll charge scam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a scammer that texted me the other day, pretending to be a wrong number for a clothing shop. I explained to them that I hadn't ordered any dresses and they had the wrong number, which led to leading questions about where I live and a text of a picture of a pretty asian lady. They naturally wanted to get to know me better. One of the better thought out and executed attempts on me in a while.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I ignore any calls or texts I’m not expecting. Many of the texts are just scammers seeing who’ll respond. I’ve had a few that mention something odd, missed call or someone hurt, hoping you text them back. Then they know it’s a working number to pass around. I’m glad my iPhone lets me report them and block, hopefully it decreases the number of scammers.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't mailing out bills, you will discover the fees and penalties when you renew your tag. A $5 toll might be $50, and you will have to take care of it before you can get a sticker, so at least two trips to the tag office too.

Now you know why we have the twitter bird plates, these like mosts States, have designed the colors and background to be very easy to read for infrared light cameras. If you don't want your license plate scanned, you will need to make it more "invisible" to the cams.

Latest posts

Top Bottom