Painting front and back sights on Ruger 22/45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a picture?

Just took a couple, one with white background and one with black. Should give you an idea of how it looks. But it makes a huge difference for no more than a couple dollars and a few minutes plus I have enough to do sights on hundreds of others. And if you have a set of factory white dots you can use the same trick or replace a dot that has came out with the white polish. It's a double win the way I look at it as it's always in the range bag.

20161227_182127.jpg 20161227_182234.jpg 20161227_181818.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just took a couple, one with white background and one with black. Should give you an idea of how it looks. But it makes a huge difference for no more than a couple dollars and a few minutes plus I have enough to do sights on hundreds of others. And if you have a set of factory white dots you can use the same trick or replace a dot that has came out with the white polish. It's a double win the way I look at it as it's always in the range bag.

View attachment 63755 View attachment 63756 View attachment 63754
That yellow Ice is great.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 63755 View attachment 63756 View attachment 63754
Did you paint the white as a base (primer) and then put the yellow on top? Looks like what I want to do.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it is a white base which is allowed to dry for about ten minutes and then the yellow over top.

I think it was a walmart purchase. Just the cheapest stuff on the shelf. Brand really doesn't matter though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom