Paracord items

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
paracord bracelets are now in convenient stores for 3.99 so it will be hard for anyone to make them and even break even since they are now being mass produced

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
paracord bracelets are now in convenient stores for 3.99 so it will be hard for anyone to make them and even break even since they are now being mass produced

I haven't seen these yet so I could be incorrect, but I would bet these are made with commercial 550 (though that strength is probably questionable) paracord with seven 2-strand cords rather than mil-spec paracord that contains seven 3-strand cords, which should look like this:

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_2_29_MIL_C_5040_Te98cdab765c17a5bdbd65bc941e9c2af.jpg

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
h8ns8n said:

Let's see. I can buy 100' for 9 bucks, cheaper if bought in large quantity. Takes 8' for a large so .75 cents for mil grade cord per. .15 cents for buckle, so a total of .90 in material. Can make one in about 10minutes. So if I sat down and made 6 of them in an hour and sold them at the price you mention that would be 18.50 an hour. As mentioned the ones you are seeing for that price are made from cheap cord, no buckle, and loose weave. Meaning a large bracelet only has maybe 5' in it. They are also a two piece design instead of one solid piece.

All that to say you can make them for a profit at the stop and rob price, but people will also pay for a correctly made paracord bracelet or anything else if they buy it for function instead of fashion.

T

tntctom

Purchased some paracord at superdaves gun show Saturday and spent the evening playing around making stuff. My wife is afraid I am going to make everything have paracord involved in it. Made bracelets for the kids, collar for the dog with a tag hook, and d-ring leash hook. Keychain and next will be a single point sling. Right now I am just trying to figure out how to make it adjustable and will add clips for a quick disconnect in the sling. Oh the possibilities!!!

Here are a few I made. To make mine adjustable. I used a seperate piece of paracord to attach to the rifle and then used a prusik knot on the sling side, no extra hardware to buy.

i516.photobucket.com_albums_u324_tntctom_Paracord_IMG00064_20120514_2137.jpg

i516.photobucket.com_albums_u324_tntctom_Paracord_IMG00063_20120514_2137.jpg

i516.photobucket.com_albums_u324_tntctom_Paracord_IMG00062_20120514_2136.jpg

P

PistolPackin'Honey

That's a pretty sweet collar there. I hate to be the sissy one here, but does that cord come in pink?
I could definitely get into buying some lanyards and stuff made out of that cord.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a pretty sweet collar there. I hate to be the sissy one here, but does that cord come in pink?
I could definitely get into buying some lanyards and stuff made out of that cord.

Yes it does. I'm not sure if there's pink mil-spec paracord, only because I'm too lazy to look right now (I bet there is, though), but there are many pink variations of commercial paracord: http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Type-III-Commercial-Paracord/dp/B00664KXGA/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

If you're after fashion over function, that will be more than fine. If you're a hiker/hunter/camper (middle of nowhere camping, not electric campsite camping) or any other sort of outdoorist that might find themselves in a situation requiring paracord, the above should still work fine for most, but you'd probably be better off using true military paracord.

Latest posts

Top Bottom