Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobcatman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up in 8th place on the 5kers. My goal was top 10, honestly surprised I made that. I honestly think it was due to my start time being early, I didn't have to suffer the afternoon heat like alot of you.
I would have given anything to have a better start time! We were the last 2 shooters, starting at 12:58. we heard the 5k was running ahead of schedule, so we caught a ride down there at 11. Should have takin some fluids to suck on while waiting. Camel back took a hit before we even got started. Still had a blast though, and gear worked as it should have. I will be back!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have given anything to have a better start time! We were the last 2 shooters, starting at 12:58. we heard the 5k was running ahead of schedule, so we caught a ride down there at 11. Should have takin some fluids to suck on while waiting. Camel back took a hit before we even got started. Still had a blast though, and gear worked as it should have. I will be back!

You just thought you were last. I kept talking to the guy and kept saying I would start at 1:57. Left and took the wife to go to be bathroom up at the house. Came back and you guys just got sent off. Heard him radio in that all were complete and had to get ready quick. Left out at 1:09. It wasn't bad until the barbed wire obstacle 20 yards in...

Sorry I should of been more social, we got tired of sitting in the heat and just got in the AC. Had an ice chest full of water I'd of let you raid. We had been there before 11 as a friend had a low number and ran early.

Bobcatman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You just thought you were last. I kept talking to the guy and kept saying I would start at 1:57. Left and took the wife to go to be bathroom up at the house. Came back and you guys just got sent off. Heard him radio in that all were complete and had to get ready quick. Left out at 1:09. It wasn't bad until the barbed wire obstacle 20 yards in...

Sorry I should of been more social, we got tired of sitting in the heat and just got in the AC. Had an ice chest full of water I'd of let you raid. We had been there before 11 as a friend had a low number and ran early.
Oh, you had water?! Ha ha, well its all over now. Lesson learned. Keep provisions as close as possible before start time. Once i made it out of that belly crawl, i was ready to go get my t-shirt!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It will be a few days before i collect my thoughts enough to put them down in any coherent manner, but i would like to say a few things.

Thank you, Michael Ray, for the medical plan and briefing given to the RO's and staff prior to the event. There can be little doubt that it contributed greatly to our ability to react to, and treat the medical issues that presented themselves during the shoot in a timely and effective manner.

Secondly, thanks to Jason, for letting me work in the shadows of the trees at stage 2 taking scorecards and recording times while you slaved in the hot sun on the firing line. I swear guys, i just sounded contagious.

Third, thanks to everyone who came out and and kept their commitment to this gut check. Not once did I witness a poor attitude, or anyone unwilling to help out a fellow shooter in need. This has been a hallmark of this event since the beginning and makes running a stage considerably smoother and more enjoyable.

Lastly, Thank you to Jon and Susie Mcalister. With out their incredible generosity this type of event would not be possible.

Yeah, yeah... Thanks JT for the out****instanding BBQ on Saturday.

Last edited:

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boy some guys traveled a long way for the event. I talked to a guy from Georgia and I know there were some from Indiana and Nebraska. Impressive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom