Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off work and had to take the Boxer dog for a walk( she won't let me sit down until I take her), so we get around a couple blocks and were walking next to an elementary school, baseball practice was happening and we're walking by. I hear sounds of a dog collar with tags, so I look to my left and there is a blue pit, eyeballing my dog and starts to charge. It took off from the porch and as soon as it got to middle of the street, a guy I had just walked passed washing his truck, nails the dog, running it completely over. I seen the impact of the truck then had to look away, heard the "thump, thump." the dog ran back to the house but one of her rear legs is shattered... I'll check tomorrow to see if the owners took it to the vet... it was terrible... One of the owners was holding her child in the doorway as it happened but didn't notice the dog coming after us... terrible

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got off work and had to take the Boxer dog for a walk( she won't let me sit down until I take her), so we get around a couple blocks and were walking next to an elementary school, baseball practice was happening and we're walking by. I hear sounds of a dog collar with tags, so I look to my left and there is a blue pit, eyeballing my dog and starts to charge. It took off from the porch and as soon as it got to middle of the street, a guy I had just walked passed washing his truck, nails the dog, running it completely over. I seen the impact of the truck then had to look away, heard the "thump, thump." the dog ran back to the house but one of her rear legs is shattered... I'll check tomorrow to see if the owners took it to the vet... it was terrible... One of the owners was holding her child in the doorway as it happened but didn't notice the dog coming after us... terrible

Watching a dog, or cat, or anything else for that matter get run over by a car is just brutal.

I've run over dogs & cats and it gives me a really sick feeling. Hell, if I can do it without causing a wreck, I'll try my best to miss a squirrel.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching a dog, or cat, or anything else for that matter get run over by a car is just brutal.

I've run over dogs & cats and it gives me a really sick feeling. Hell, if I can do it without causing a wreck, I'll try my best to miss a squirrel.

question... if truck didn't hit the dog and it proceeded to attack us, what's the legality of me shooting the dog?

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are in Fear for you life or well being you have the right to stop the threat no matter if it has 2 or 4 legs. That owner sound negligent. If your dog is dog aggressive you have the responsibility to keep your dog and all other dogs safe.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, if I can do it without causing a wreck, I'll try my best to miss a squirrel.
If I can do it without causing a wreck, I'll try to avoid anything big enough to cause body damage, but squirrels (particularly the suicidal little buggers around here) are on their own; there are just too many trees and crappy road surfaces around here for me to risk my life over varmints. As one of my driving instructors said, "hit the soft thing instead of the hard thing."

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are mixed emotions, the first one I ever had experience was owned by a druggie next door that would blow smoke in it's nose and get it high he was kept on a chain and he bit my brother and I put it down with a buritto. My ex had a red nose that was her baby and we have had others with no problems. My daughter has brought me a pit mix that was tied to a street sign and left in 105 degree heat to die. I had a run in with one in the neighborhood I was working on mowers in the driveway and a pit comes down the street as I am walking out towards my truck it puts it's head down and charged I threw my son in the back of the truck and and he got hit with the socket in my hand. The dog then decided to stay and at that time I was able to get the .38 from my pocket I was waiting for him to charge again before I shot it and as we were in the standoff the owner shows up and was mad because I was about to shoot her dog. I don't care what kind of dog it is, you put my family in danger I will put them down. I don't think pits are any more dangerous that the owners that raise them. My pit mix is the one of the best dogs, I think how they are raised or trained is the key just like raising kids.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lack of pictures in a thread about dogs is disturbing.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v324_264Magnum_Critters_gwen1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom