Plastic 2-man boat vs larger aluminum boat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an older 2-man pond hopper type boat and I have been debating if getting something slightly larger on a trailer would INCREASE my capabilities without any DECREASE? Is a 12-15ft gas-powered aluminum boat going to allow me to do anything a 2-man plastic boat can do?

If I kept the 2-man, then I'd prob eventually get something a lot larger (a real lake boat) such as a 16-18ft fishing boat with a 50-125hp outboard. But having the best of both worlds in one pkg is what I'm wondering is possible?

Thanks

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 14' aluminum boat with a 15hp motor on a trailer I might be interested in selling. Pm me your number if you're interested.

I think you should get a little bit larger boat either way. You'll love being to cover more ground.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have fished extensively out of both. A trolling motor on the two man works great. I've fished most local lakes and rivers with the two man. It limits your boating range but is easy to throw in the truck and go. Also used a 14 ft aluminum with a 15hp motor. A 50 - 150 Hp motor on just about any aluminum boat is too big. Particularly if the boat has a flat bottom. The aluminum boat will give you lots of access on lakes and rivers. I say keep the two man and buy montesa's aluminum and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom