Pleasantly Shocked!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a major communications company. I have only been here 2 months and was introduced this morning to an employee incentive program. It rates us based on several metrics. It awards us points each month we achieve each of the standards. You can use these points in their "catalog" to redeem for merchandise. OK, I was thinking SWAG stuff like keychains, mini flashlights, frisbees and such. Much to my surprise I see things like CDs, DVDs, Books, Electronics, Lawn & Garden, spotting scopes, rifle scopes, and get this...RIFLES & SHOTGUNS!!! And we're talking 10 pages with 12 items per page on both the shotgun and rifle catagories! And this is such a liberal company. I can see the future headline that ruins it though..."Employee Blasts Away Coworkers With Rifle Given As Incentive"

And if you're wondering...yes, it's like anything else, it will take YEARS to gain enough points to redeem for anything good.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was down south our company had a similar program... this one was for safety awards...

One of the gifts was a honkin' big a$$ed Bowie Knife (Case...not a Chicom junker). I know one guy ordered one in our shop. The GM's eyes bugged out... she handed out the awards in a meeting... she hands Tony a cardboard box and a handshake... the Tony comes out with this GIANT pig- sticker....LOL

Of course this thing had the Corporate Logo pressed on the sheath and some Corporate medallion on the pommel... Tony sold it outright at a gun show for $100 a few week later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom