Policing for Profit: Oklahoma DA halts I-40 drug stops after criticism from judge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is taxation without raising taxes. Publicly popular because they 'think' it is funding LE by criminals. No different than speed traps, insurance check points, DUI check points, other BS.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The interesting part is going to be finding out where that missing $400 bucks went to.
The guy has a receipt that proves he withdrew $7900 dollars earlier and the seizure report only lists $7500.

:popcorn:

He didn't have a recipt from an ATM. He had a reciept from where they took his money from him.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know. I would hope they have to give their cut back too since it wasn't a legitimate seizure in the first place but you never know.
I can't believe these asset forfeiture laws are constitutional in the first place but they seem to be doing this all over the country.
"No person shall ... be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation. Unless it's a drug-related stop or arrest. Then it's completely righteous to take their stuff."
I'm pretty sure that's how the Framers intended to write the 5th Amendment.

Last year, the Feds seized a horse ranch south of Lexington that was owned by the brother of the (reputed) head of the Zetas. He had a decent stable of thoroughbreds, but the Feds couldn't keep the horses alive, so they auctioned them off--before the case even went to trial. Of course, they don't seem to be in a hurry to do anything with the ranch itself (it's gone to pot; absolutely shameful), and they now have their conviction on money laundering charges...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that might have been a real cop oops, so FYI those tahoes are so slow.

www.wildsoundmovies.com_images_star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI I contacted my Rep. about supporting a bill to change the asset forfeiture rules so that any seized money goes into the State General fund, instead of getting divvied up locally. I know, it's just a start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom