Polymer pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owasso

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some guns have a better trigger (from the factory), better grip, better sights, etc., but the reason I own Glock is because it adheres to the KISS (Keep it Stupid Simple) design approach, its reliable, and durable. It does exactly what it was designed to do. It has been accurately described as the AR or AK of handguns. Its beauty is its simplicity. The guns are cheap, the mags are cheap, the mods are cheap. Other manufactures are catching up, but their mags are still more expensive, often holder fewer rounds, and the mods are more expensive.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out with Glocks and I just struggle to like the Springfield xd/xdm/xds lines because the slide is so tall. They do shoot well though and come in a variety of sizes
Eta- my ccw is a G23, bc thats comfortable to me and I love mine

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
So the contender list is this so far:

Sig P320C
FN FNS9 / FNX-9
CZ P-07
S&W M&P / M&Pc
HK VP9
Walther PPQ M2

Excluding the XD. For some reason I just can't stand them. I've shot the XDM and it shoots fine, just... not for me I guess.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the contender list is this so far:

Sig P320C
FN FNS9 / FNX-9
CZ P-07
S&W M&P / M&Pc
HK VP9
Walther PPQ M2

Excluding the XD. For some reason I just can't stand them. I've shot the XDM and it shoots fine, just... not for me I guess.
looks like a solid list. like mentioned already theirs not much any of those guns will do that a G19 doesn't do perfect already. For me, I prefer a hammer vs striker and the G19 feels like garbage in my hands.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
looks like a solid list. like mentioned already theirs not much any of those guns will do that a G19 doesn't do perfect already. For me, I prefer a hammer vs striker and the G19 feels like garbage in my hands.

Originally I didn't want anything to do with the Glock pistols. But I shot a couple, and shot them well, so I figured I couldn't lose if I found a good deal on one. I did, in 2008, and it's still here.

I like the light weight, and how low the G19 (and other Glocks) sit in my hand.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The main reason I switched from Glock to M&P was I needed a pistol with a shorter trigger reach, and the M&P fit that bill perfectly. If not for that, I'd have little reason to switch things around. Trying new platforms is fun, tho'.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Well I haven't tried a new platform since I bought this what, 8 years ago? So there's been a lot of new guns in this category since then. You jumped on the M&P, I didn't since it was so new, and couldn't afford to get caught with junk.

The M&P is *really* tempting since it's been around so long.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I haven't tried a new platform since I bought this what, 8 years ago? So there's been a lot of new guns in this category since then. You jumped on the M&P, I didn't since it was so new, and couldn't afford to get caught with junk.

The M&P is *really* tempting since it's been around so long.
And if the trigger is not appealing just call up Apex.

Sent from no where

Latest posts

Top Bottom