Possessions; vehicles - irrational

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Idk I'm pretty attached to my Harley, more so than any of the Japanese bikes I've owned. I think it depends on what the vehicle is and what it means to you.
This. I was over my Harley a few months after I bought it. Felt like I should have bought a honda for 1/3 the price and had a better (IMO) motorcycle.

Just depends on what fits and what works.

I was somewhat attached to our Optima. We had it for 13 years, Many family trips and both my girls learned to drive in it. Was somewhat sad to see it go when it was time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When a kid, dragging grand with one block street racing was the thing.
I built a 55 ford custom line with a 272 CI Y block engine, 4:11 gears, standard overdrive transmission for even lower gear ratio, dual point distributor from a 312 CI Police interceptor also in Y block, 3/4 marine cam for low end horsepower and G sized tires which was big back in the day.
The 396 Chevy's and 440 dodges didn't stand a chance in a block. Past that, they would smoke me.
The one vehicle I regret not keeping was a 66 Ford GT 390 with the NASCAR heads. It would smoke the tires at 60 mph when hitting passing gear, getting 16 MPG in normal driving.
Sold it when the frame started cracking around the rear wheels cheap which was a huge mistake. I've seen that same vehicle go across the Barrette auction at well over $250,000.
One never knows. The 55 chevy two door we had with the first indash AC probably would have been a big collector item as well. Sold it for $50 when the slush box two speed tranny went south.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always bought and flipped things. Guess my daddy kinda thought me. I don’t get too attached usually but I sure have lots of fun with ‘em! I’m 34 and I’ve had countless bikes/vehicles in my life of being a gear head.

1965 VW bug 4spd slammed lowered flat black ratty as hell loud exhaust was a blast in my teens!
‘91 Camaro 305v8 700r4 auto
‘77 Datsun B210
71 Plymouth duster (flipped it in a month)
Mitsubishi 3000gt
92 Honda Accord 5spd

1993 Plymouth voyager.. Believe it or not this is what I regret getting rid of… it was a damn 5spd manual minivan!! I have never seen another one in my life. I had the backseats taken out and would haul around my Honda 400ex 4wheeler in it. Was great with the girlfriend (who is still my beautiful wife). Ahhh good times..
1994 f150 lifted 5spd 4x4 in-line 6
1998 dodge Dakota 4x4 5spd manual with big 360v8, this one was fun lol
A handful of other unmentionable cars here and there…
1996 geo prism (was a Toyota drivetrain basically a rebadged corrolla) I had a job I did lots of driving this thing got phenomenal mileage and was reliable as a hammer…
2001 Toyota Camry
2003 Mazda mvp (had kids)
1998 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 w/locker
Pretty much went full Toyota from here
2000 Tundra 4x4
Another 4Runner w/rear locker 1997 rougher shape was my 4x4 off-road trail rig.
2007 tundra 4x4 work truck
Currently own: 2004 Toyota sequoia 4x4 (wife’s)
2009 Toyota Camry 4cyl w/rare 5-spd manual (gas saver/future kid car)
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 5spd manual ext cab (my daily work truck)
2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr double cab 4x4 w/rare rear locker (the “project”/extra vehicle/might flip it/etc)

I see myself holding onto to what I currently have for a while. Given the current market and that I hate late model vehicles

Countless motorcycles dirtbikes and ATVs
as well. I miss my 2007 Ninja zx10r! Absolute insane power.

I say don’t get too attached to things. If you have something that is becoming a pain in your ass just get rid of it. Just carefully consider the current market before making any rash decision

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been really fortunate to have had some really nice, and really cool, cars over the years, but the only ones I really regret selling are my 1986 Jeep CJ-7, and my 1997 Land Rover Defender D90 (it was an automatic w/air conditioning, hard top and all kinds of upgrades).

I bought a gladiator in 2020 and tricked it out. Even though it’s on 37’s, it rides pretty good.

I’m really envious of you guys who can work on/rebuild/restore vehicles. If I tried to change a spark plug, I’d blow the transmission up. Utterly, hopelessly inept when it comes to mechanics.
A4C427E8-CDAB-41DC-8EFE-B1F2F9D22539.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom