Anyone have a Copart membership?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddies transplant of the LS1 into his CJ7 has given me the contagion. I now want to upgrade the power plant in my JKU. Not with a 5.3 but with an all aluminum 6.2. I know excessive, but if I’m going to do it, I’m going overboard the first time.

I’ve identified the vehicles that have my motor. And there are a ton of them on Copart.

If anyone has an account, do you buy for your “friends”?

Advice around using Copart would be appreciated too!

rocketman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an account years ago and went to look at several vehicles. Everything that ran always seem to be bid up to the same amount as the going rate from a private seller. To me it wasn't worth the gamble for what I was looking for(running/driving vans). Wrecked cars for parts maybe...

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddies transplant of the LS1 into his CJ7 has given me the contagion. I now want to upgrade the power plant in my JKU. Not with a 5.3 but with an all aluminum 6.2. I know excessive, but if I’m going to do it, I’m going overboard the first time.

I’ve identified the vehicles that have my motor. And there are a ton of them on Copart.

If anyone has an account, do you buy for your “friends”?

Advice around using Copart would be appreciated too!

I read this and stood up from the table and clapped for you. Do it. Do one tons, trusses and sleeve, 4 link! Hydro steer, transmission, Atlas, suspension at same time. Buy once cry once. Keep it low as you can to run 42s.

Being close to Okc with Pull a Part and others, it was easy to stay local. Goodluck, keep us caught up on your build.

Last edited:

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can do body work, paint, light straightening, swapping parts, there are deals to be had at Copart. My dad has been going to Copart for 40 years nearly. I remember going with him when it was a sealed bid auction, late 80's early 90's. I have boys that are driving now and that's where I've got all of their vehicles. I bought a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with 48k on the odometer back in 2020. It was lightly hit in the rear driver's side door. I drove to Tulsa to pick up a door that was the same color so it wouldn't need painted. Easy fix and I was in it for just over $10k. Last year I picked up a 2008 Range Rover Supercharged with hail damage for $4700. I recommend going to look at any vehicle you plan to bid on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom