Tire Options; Namebrand or Knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve been a discount tire customer for many years, they typically treat me good and I’ve never had an issue with their road hazard warranty. My current set of tires has had 3 replaced on the warranty and they’re happy to make it happen. I’ve used their pathfinder A/Ts for the past 40k miles and I have nothing but good things to say about them. I was told that they are made by Cooper if I remember right. I typically say “don’t cheap out on tires” and buy expensive. These are the second best light truck tires I’ve owned, after Nitto Terra Grapplers, but for a fraction of the price.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I use discount tire. I literally drive 2 hours down to Amarillo because I can save hundreds by not buying tires locally.

I currently have tires that just say “All Terrain Pathfinder”. Looks like Kumho may make them and I’ve had ZERO issues with them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked Sams and Costco? I know Sam's is constantly running specials on tires bought in sets, currently they are giving $150 off a set of Michelin. They seem to alternate between Goodyear and Michelin.

The higher load ranges are definitely pricier and those Ironman's seem to be a great buy. They are a subsidiary of Cooper and under the Hercules Tire & Rubber Company.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes Hercules tires are made by cooper,,ironman tires are the mid level ,, hercules branded tires are top of the line...ironman tires are good,,,mastercraft are also made by cooper,,,stratus is mid level,, courser is top of the line..i buy slightly used off ebay,plenty of good deals if you have a common size,and dont need a roadhazrd or milage warrenty..and only buy name brand tires, no chinese or asian tires..

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Discount Tire for the win. Had a set of Yokohama's on my Pilot that were supposed to be a 60k tire. started showing major wear at about 32k. They replaced and gave me about 80% of what i had paid for them against a new set of Michelins. Customer service is top notch and pricing is competitive.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you use walmart prepare for them to mess up your wheels.....the "mechanics" at walmart worked in toys or electronics before being promoted to automotive
I’d just be ordering online through them with free shipping to the house. I think they’re sorta like Amazon now, as it shows it’s sold and shipped through a 3rd party. I’ve got a local shop that will put them on.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WW Tire in Wayne is where I do business most of the time. Toyo AT3
Just curious if you’ve used them recently? I don’t want to talk negatively about them because my experiences several years ago with them were good, and that was the consensus at the time. Recently I’ve heard some other stuff, stemming from a new manager.

Latest posts

Top Bottom