Tire Options; Namebrand or Knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Roy14 “”Ironman all country’s in a Load range E (123 rating). I’ve had these in the past, they’re good budget tires and I trust their build quality for towing.””

These came on the 1 ton I recently bought. I never have used them as I like Michelins. But had two other gents tell me they are great tires and will carry a load. There were 5 new ones on the truck, so I bought 2 more to match and change out the factory spare. The two I bought needed only a small weight on one to balance, the other balanced out with no weights. And I noticed the others on the truck had very minimal weights to balance.
You need to sell me that truck, I’ll give you a premium for those new tires that are on it!

I’ve had both the Ironman MTs and the ATs. The 35” MTs, that were actually less than 34”, were squirrelly at first on the pavement, to the point they were dangerous for the first 10k miles. Part of that was I was running 80 PSI because of the amount of weight I was pulling at times. The ATs were on a 2000 Escalade and did really well.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious if you’ve used them recently? I don’t want to talk negatively about them because my experiences several years ago with them were good, and that was the consensus at the time. Recently I’ve heard some other stuff, stemming from a new manager.
No, it's been a while since I've bought tires. When I priced tires they were $150 cheaper on the same set than anyone in the Okc area.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in a bind earlier this year while I was at my place up there and had to buy tires for my F250, and a Okie4570 recommended a place in Enid. I’ve run Nittos or Toyos for years, and they sold me 4 Toyos for $1200 which was about $300 less than my regular tire store in TX would’ve sold them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom