Post pics of your non-traditional pets (not-dogs,cats,etc).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They need a minimum long 20 gallon tank but a 40 gal breeder tank is best. They sell a 30 gal breeder that is the same floor space but is not as tall. It is perfect for a ball python. Just not as common as the 40.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I decided to get his and hers snakes today.
Nala:
i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Pets_Snake_6ac5c15a.jpg

She's 7' long now and growing fast.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Pets_Snake_067e389e.jpg

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do they handle well? I am a teacher and my kids are driving crazy about getting one. I guess their last teacher had an Albino Python/Boa they liked. I am not sure I am ready for this kinda critter yet.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some balls can be nippy when very young. We've got a couple that are. An adult ball python that has been handled should be very docile. Our bitey ones have all grown out of it. Lucille hates people. Constantly trying to bite. Worst one we've had yet. I'm sure she'll grow out of it too. Most of ours are very gentile and easy to handle. If you decide to get one, make sure the kids use hand sanitizer before and after touching the snake. You can make the snake sick and the snake can make you sick. They carry salmonella on their skin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom