Posted: Full Text of the Manchin,Toomey, Kirk and Schumer Background Check Amend.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JM44-40

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...d-amendment-rights-protection-act_716249.html

Have fun. Just printed it off and gave it a couple of readings, and, as expected it's a joke and should be defeated soundly.

Besides being in direct violation of the 2nd amendment this piece of legislation, in my opinion:

1) puts the Attorney General in charge of establishing "regulations" not specified; (sounds like the health care law, do we want Eric Holder "establishing regulations"?

2) Appropriates $100,000,000 each year to the Attorney General to bribe states into compliance: (Article I, Section 7 of my Constitution says all bills for raising revenue must originate in the "house" --- In addition, how about the 10th Amendment?

3) leaves open a back-door to a gun registry with the language..."The Attorney General many not consolidate or centralize records..." (should say "shall not keep records" -- basically, he can keep records (registry) as long as they're not consolidated or centralized.

4) adds nothing to the legislation already in effect for transporting firearms through states while traveling

5) attempts to substitute a "concealed carry permit" for a background check subject to verification by an "authorized government official"

6) does not provide clear "definitions" of important terms

I could go on and on --- but I've seen enough, threw up on my keyboard, and I'm going to walk my dog. He's smarter than the people who wrote this.

What really ticks me off is these people think we are stupid and cannot see through their tricks. Same old crap.

Sorry, didn't see other post on this subject. My apologies.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom