POTUS to reopen markets soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rarely goes to the DR, mainly because of the out of pocket expenses. No ongoing medical issues. I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Look into it, you can rollover the funds when she turns 65 and enrolls in medicare, rather you can use the funds to pay premiums and expenses. However you will have to stop contributing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into it, you can rollover the funds when she turns 65 and enrolls in medicare, rather you can use the funds to pay premiums and expenses. However you will have to stop contributing.

Very cool. Definitely look into this. We enrolled through a well known and respected independent insurance agent. I wonder why he didn't recommend this?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very cool. Definitely look into this. We enrolled through a well known and respected independent insurance agent. I wonder why he didn't recommend this?

Couldn't tell you, most probably don't want to mess with them because the insured has to be disciplined enough to fund the account. However, it's the first thing I recommend to people with High deductible plans, that don't go to the doc very often, and especially, have cash available.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you, most probably don't want to mess with them because the insured has to be disciplined enough to fund the account. However, it's the first thing I recommend to people with High deductible plans, that don't go to the doc very often, and especially, have cash available.

If someone is not of Medicare age yet, be careful. When I signed up, I had heard that one could be penalized if they were of age but didn't sign up for Part B (doctors), so I signed up for that. What the guy at Social Security didn't tell me was that the same thing would apply to one's prescription plans as well. Now, I get to forever pay a penalty every month for 14 months that I didn't have a prescription plan of some kind. When that all came up, they wanted to penalize me for 3+ years, so I had to drive back to Oklahoma and get some documents from the state (we worked for the OSBI) to show that I had a prescription plan while I was still working for most of that 3+ years.

Thus, now when talking to someone about Medicare, I suggest that they sign up for everything when they go sign up, even if they currently have insurance covering Part B and Part D.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is not of Medicare age yet, be careful. When I signed up, I had heard that one could be penalized if they were of age but didn't sign up for Part B (doctors), so I signed up for that. What the guy at Social Security didn't tell me was that the same thing would apply to one's prescription plans as well. Now, I get to forever pay a penalty every month for 14 months that I didn't have a prescription plan of some kind. When that all came up, they wanted to penalize me for 3+ years, so I had to drive back to Oklahoma and get some documents from the state (we worked for the OSBI) to show that I had a prescription plan while I was still working for most of that 3+ years.

Thus, now when talking to someone about Medicare, I suggest that they sign up for everything when they go sign up, even if they currently have insurance covering Part B and Part D.

Correct. I've covered this here a few times. Not sure what this has to do with non-medicare policies though? To clarify, these plans I am talking about are the ACA plans you buy off the exchange before you are eligible for medicare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom