Practical Rifle @ Oil Capital Saturday December 1st

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
semi auto rifle. A couple magazines. 150 rounds of rifle ammo, 50 rounds of pistol ammo, ear protection, eye protection, gloves, jacket.

Gloves and jacket are optional, as well as pants. This is one party you don't want to miss.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just came from there. Man, was it windy! It was strong enough that the shooters had to use twigs to prop up the heads of the cardboard targets being folded over by the wind. I was surprised by the attendance; I had expected 50-75 people, but there were - what, maybe 20? They looked like they were having fun, though. Me, I watched for 15 minutes and left.

"I sure am glad I came to watch instead of just shooting." :P

Seriously though, I know some folks dig the structured competition shoots, and more power to them! I just don't think I'm that type of person, is all.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just came from there. Man, was it windy! It was strong enough that the shooters had to use twigs to prop up the heads of the cardboard targets being folded over by the wind. I was surprised by the attendance; I had expected 50-75 people, but there were - what, maybe 20? They looked like they were having fun, though. Me, I watched for 15 minutes and left.

"I sure am glad I came to watch instead of just shooting." :P

Seriously though, I know some folks dig the structured competition shoots, and more power to them! I just don't think I'm that type of person, is all.

were you the guy with the grey hair and greenish shirt on watching the second stage?

I had another great time and got to meet johnny!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
were you the guy with the grey hair and greenish shirt on watching the second stage?

I had another great time and got to meet johnny!

Yep, olive drab tshirt with the US Army Ordnance "flaming bomb" on it. I watched the action on all three stages; didn't see a high-school-aged kid though, unless you were the skinny one with the goatee and the AK?

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, olive drab tshirt with the US Army Ordnance "flaming bomb" on it. I watched the action on all three stages; didn't see a high-school-aged kid though, unless you were the skinny one with the goatee and the AK?

Its a goatee beard mustache combination....with the AK that had a wooden stock....and im trying to get fatter so i can join the FGST!

Latest posts

Top Bottom