predator hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a new fox pro last winter and made a few sits with the preloaded calls. No luck. So I thought I would come to the masters for a list of sounds to down load. I am a pretty good deer and turkey hunter but have never killed a coyote or cat. I think after all these years of no success confidence is a big part of the problem. Going to give it an honest shot this year if I can't figure it out....I will have a call and some gear for sale lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Call where you've seen coyotes before. Call cats where your thickest cover is. I like the lucky bird, jack rabbit, and baby cottontail calls.........give it 15 minutes and move on. Start soft and increase volume depending on cover, or openness of the area. Good luck!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no certain sound, or sounds, that work all the time. And there may be a few guys that can call/kill one everytime they go, but I bet there aint many, no matter what people claim or the TV shows look like. Persistance and good land access will get you there. I spent HOURS and DAYS calling on public land while I was learning (and I'm still learning!), without seeing hide nor hair of a coyote! But I pushed on, and gained private land to hunt, and now I do better.

As far as sounds go, we called a coyote in on three consecutive stands a few nights ago in TX; first showed up on Rat Distress on Foxpro; second came to a rabbit style mouth call; third came to challenge bark/howl on different mouth call. This all took place on less than two sections of adjoining land. Don't get stuck on one or two sounds, and don't be afraid to go outside the norm!

Latest posts

Top Bottom