prep as you go plan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I gotta do the math ... and study the contents ... but that seems a little rich right off the top of my head. Still, if it gets even one more person on board it's a step in the right direction.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You ladies know the best prep is knowledge. Doing prepping like this shortcuts that critical step which is why I don't like it.

Knowledge is power. Canned peaches are just canned peaches.

In other words. Don't buy the canned peaches, buy the STUFF to can peaches.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ladies know the best prep is knowledge. Doing prepping like this shortcuts that critical step which is why I don't like it.

Again, if this gets just one more person to thinking about what they need to be doing to take care of themselves and theirs, I'm all for it.

And for the record, I HATE canning. That's why I have an Excalibur ... :P

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do see the merits of getting someone thinking about it. I just don't want some group of WISE food eaters showing up on my doorstep when their white jugs are out of meals.

prepackaged SHTF foods like this can be a great way to get a stash started quickly, but this is based over an entire YEAR. my concern is that those people that would buy this, would think this is the end-all-be-all of planning for SHTF - there has to be a level of education and a rounded skill set for long term survival. For what you pay for a years worth of stuff from them, one could have a seriously good food reserve if put together individually.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. I am female, its what I do.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I kinda agree mostly. My shelves are full of store bought canned goods but I have the "stuff" and knowledge to can if i had to.

My main argument comes from the idea of bugging in vs bugging out.....you can't haul all this stuff with you if you bug out....if you bug in, and you live in city....you ain't gonna stay bugged in at your house for more than a couple months, if that. You'll have to leave sooner or later.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I say do both because gardens and fruit trees are notorious for having poor production years. Have a stash of pre prepared meals or ingredients for them and work on 'canning peaches' and all the other jazz that goes with it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... I took a look. Also got their e-mail ... interesting.

You can buy a lot of groceries at the "regular grocery store" for $129 or $386 :shocked: a month. Then you would be putting back foods you are familiar with and your family wouldn't be so apt to have digestive issues ... Plus, canned foods from the store have liquids in them. In certain situations that liquid might be more important that the calories in the food itself.

Still, if you are looking to have food put back and not have to think or worry about it, I can see the appeal. Not the way I operate, obviously, but to each their own. I tend to look at things like this as if someone has this stuff (or any other foodstuffs) put back then they won't be bothering me for MY foodstuffs ...

Here's the link for anyone interested ...

http://link.beprepared.com/view/51b6004765217dc6e1b5faeb1vss2.1nfb/457be772

For the record, I have both ... and we eat both ... on a pretty regular basis. Only thing I've changed recently is I've placed a order for pool shock and had GC pick up a couple extra boxes of latex gloves ... Oh and I bought a couple more bottles of fresh Clorox ... because what I had was getting close to being 9 months old. The "old" stuff gets used in the laundry. The "new" stuff gets to sit on the shelf ... just in case ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom