Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My issue with crossfit is that it is good at general fitness and feats of strength but it doesn't make you great at anything. That is a plus to a lot of people because it makes you well rounded but I would rather focus my training

Also the pull ups are just dumb, flopping like a fish is not a pull up

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also the pull ups are just dumb, flopping like a fish is not a pull up

It's called kipping, Try 20 of them then.:)
Crossfit IMO makes you better at everything, It's good enough Special Forces, Combat Control, PJ's, Jtacs and a couple Seals I ran into overseas. It's good enough for me. It's taken me to different levels in my Jiu Jitsu game strictly because it instills mental toughness and hardcore conditioning. I have the mindset if its on my body I've gotta carry it, the Crossfit athlete IMO is the epitome of fitness.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As posted in the other thread. Gut. Check.

Anyone that has visions of surviving the coming apocalypse, upheaval, unrest, collapse or whatever your poison is (and all those calling for "revolution") has to attend an event like this to get a taste of a fraction of what it takes to survive just one engagement.

One engagement, on one day...Imagine living like that for weeks, months, years.

Last edited:

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Anyone that has visions of surviving the coming apocalypse, upheaval, unrest, collapse or whatever your poison is (and all those calling for "revolution") has to attend an event like this to get a taste of a fraction of what it takes to survive just one engagement.

One engagment, on one day...Imagine living like that for weeks, months, years.

I'd be puking almost instantly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

One engagement, on one day...Imagine living like that for weeks, months, years.

GAWD ... I'm getting tired just thinking about it. No ... seriously ... It's one thing to be young and virile and "live it up", it's quite another to be old and banged up like me. I'm telling you guys, I'm just gonna camp out on the rooftop with my new rifle (THANK YOU Sgt.Mojo!!! :heart: :wink2:) and take pot-shots until I get tired. Then I'm gonna let GC do his thing ... one more time for old time's sake ... and then ... well ... You guys will be welcome to whatever's left ... Be careful of the booby traps though! :wink2: (Where's Lurker66 when I need him?? :anyone:)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL BB. I think it would take awhile to get you off that rooftop.

as for the rest...cricket, cricket, tumbleweed...awful quiet in here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom